Reviews for Mercedes-Benz S550 years:

Mercedes-Benz S550 Reviews and Owner Comments

Mercedes-Benz S550Owner Reviews (11 reviews)
    Visitor, Kelly, LA, January 03, 2014 19:25
    My first Mercedes. a 2012 S550. cars pulls bad to the right. Thought is would be a tire or alignment problem. Was told they all did that, and there was no adjustment to correct it. I did search the internet and found out Mercedes does make a factory repair kit called a caster bolt kits that does allow the caster adjustment. It was installed on my car and did help some, but had to replace both front tires in 10k miles due to wash out on the tread. The dealer had me sign a form that stated i was aware the vehicle was not within specifications. I could go on about other things, but you get to point.
    Visitor, Silver Spring, MD, December 13, 2013 01:24
    I really enjoy my 2007 s550 Benz.I have only had it for three months,but I dont sdrive it everyday only three times a week.I really hope people understand this isnt the kind of vehical u drive everyday.
    Visitor, Alameda, CA, June 25, 2013 09:02
    I bought my 2012 S550 on Oct 2012 and noticed the car was pulling to the right while driving on a flat road. I took the car to dealership to fix this alignment problem three times and the problem was not completely fixed. Last time when I brought the car back to dealership, the shop foreman told me that all S550s have the same problem that pull to the right. He even let me test drive another new S550 in which I experienced it pull to the right worse than my S550. I am wondering are other 2012 S550 owners experience the same problem.
    Mercedes Repair, Missouri City, TX, April 20, 2013 06:44
    When I purchased my 2008 S550, I understood that repairs and parts were most expensive than Japanese or American vehicles. What surprised me was the number of parts that failed. At 45K my front tie rod bushings failed (upper and lower). Although it wasn't a ton of money it was cause for concern. Rear tires require replacing every 10K miles (this was expected) but the cost of the tires hurt. HV/AC problems plague this vehicle and it's constantly in the shop getting looked at. Sometimes it works, most times it doesn't. Flex joints went out at about 70K miles and ultimately destroyed the transmission (German ingenuity at work). Headlights that rotate in the direction you turn, never worked. Center console buttons broke requiring a complete replacement of it. Arm rests were falling apart after 75K miles (re-upholstered). Bluetooth "ready" vehicle required an 180.00 adapter to make the Bluetooth work. Two front shocks replaced at 60K (purchased OEM Bosch air struts at 900.00 each - 600 to put them on). If you're looking at such a vehicle I suggest you look at options. The Audi A8 is rock solid and has a fraction of the issues this car has. The BMW 745/750's are about on par with the S550 in terms of reliability.
    european car lover, Lynn, MA, March 02, 2013 12:46
    500 miles into the new benz and now the engine light comes on -__- i thought european cars were good
  • 2013 Mercedes-Benz S550
    Visitor, Saint Johns, FL, January 30, 2013 04:09
    I have had some issues with vibrations in the steering and the car not riding like luxury vehicle, feeling too many bumps. However; I'm working with the dealership to correct this issue.
    Visitor, Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA, June 09, 2012 17:33
    My 2007 S550 has been nothing but a money pit! I just had to pay $7,000 for a new transmission and it still feels like it's going to stop when it's idling. I have put in well over $25,000 in repairs.
  • 2011 Mercedes-Benz S550
    Visitor, Birmingham, AL, April 07, 2012 13:09
    I agree with the writer in Atanta - that "kick" in low gear up the slightest of incline drives me crazy ! My other issues are the lack of side sunshades, the back seats not being heated, and not enough back-up cameras. It is a great car and I love the smooth ride and the interior and exterior styling. I compare heavily to the BMW 750IL that I drove 10 years prior. I also got used to free service - my 20K MB service was over $500.oo ! Ouch
  • 2011 Mercedes-Benz S550
    Visitor, Atlanta, GA, January 10, 2011 18:17
    I love this car and am very happy I bought it BUT I am concerned. 1 - The clutch pads may have a problem (transmission "kicks" in low gear up a hill) and 2 - the exhaust seems loud. I have less that 1,000 miles on the car so I'll take some responsibility for learning how to drive this car but I am concerned. This is the most comfortable car I have ever owned and I love the creature features. Coming from a Lexus history (I hate the LS 460 so I changed to MB), that is hard to admit. I heard a lot of people complain about MBrace but it has been working like a dream for me (email my car directions from Google maps is so cool!).
  • 2010 Mercedes-Benz S550
    Visitor, Birmingham, AL, June 05, 2010 21:24
    2010 Mercedes-Benz S-550 with less than 3000 mi the solid torque strut brushings had to be replaced with hydraulic ones. My car has been in the shop 3 times with less than 5000 miles and the vibration still exist. Mercedes knew the problem existed with no solution yet have not disclosed the problem the public or some of their employees. My car is not worth $100,000 with the existing problem and no resolution. I fear for my safety and everyone in and around my 2010 Mercedes S-550.
    Whispering Butterfly, Durham, NC, December 17, 2008 16:00
    I found the information RepairPal provided in the common problems section to be helpful and very timely. The common problems around the drivetrain is what I was experiencing and I've been given an estimate of approximately 9k to replace transmission and many other items. Please know an independent certified MB technician found this problem NOT the MB dealership!!! I ask how can a transmission have to be replaced in 2008 for a 2007 100k+ car? Let's see if MB will own up to this being a faulty transmission!