Reviews for Mercedes-Benz S430 years:

Mercedes-Benz S430 Reviews and Owner Comments

Mercedes-Benz S430Owner Reviews (20 reviews)
    Visitor, Bonita Springs, FL, October 21, 2014 13:55
    What a crap. My 2005 MB S430 has 81K. I have had nothing but problems, one after the other. Instrument cluster and command & control had to be replaced three times. Transmission controller module needed to be replaced. Crankshaft sensor, fuel pump, AC blower motor and regulator, windshield wiper motor, etc. all needed to be replaced. Now the temp, clock and gear shift indicator went dead in the instrument cluster. As you can see, all repairs were costly.
    Visitor, Washington, DC, March 14, 2014 20:13
    Really I am not from Washington DC but Bishops Bridge NSW Australia.2325. Only way I could get to say my piece. My 2000 S430 is the most comfortable and luxurious car I have been in and I get chauffeured from airport to the Casino every second weekend in all makes of limos, that does not mean I am RICH. I have difficulties in Australia with support as you can imagine there are comparatively few S430 Mercs on our roads. I also have problems with the PLASTIC below the drivers seat that needs to be replaced. Where can I get a replacement, I don't mind paying freight from the USA. I may even visit Vegas again to pick it up. Love my Merc. Roger.
    Visitor, Missouri City, TX, March 08, 2014 18:26
    Sadly, my family has experienced Mercedes Benz E320 and S430. I enjoyed the E320 way more than the S430. I feel both cars were poorly designed, the cost of repairs closely added up to the cost of purchase. I've owned a Ford and Toyota, and they've spent less time in the shop than the luxury cars. Problems ranged from: suspension and exhaustion hose issues(E320), power steering issues, electronic problems with the trunk and power windows, and the navigation system (S430). Mercedes Benz is just a status symbol, it's not a quality car. It's a joke to own one, but an expensive one at a combined $200,000 or so cost.
    Visitor, Natchez, MS, December 23, 2013 06:46
    I have replaced the plastic that surrounds the bottom of the seats twice because they crack and the compartment under the seat for storage has no support, so it just hangs to the floor. I hear that's chronic. I have had problems with the front end and suspension. My rear window keeps letting down when I crank the car. My engine is ticking loud enough for you to wonder if I have oil or need it changed. The first 8 years were glorious, but I have to car shop, now. I had planned on never giving it up, but lately $3500 within 3 months has changed my mind. This is my third and only Mercedes that I have had this much trouble with.
  • 2003 Mercedes-Benz S430
    Visitor, Westmont, IL, August 28, 2013 19:18
    This is the first MB I've ever owned and its the best car I've owned. I have had several luxury vehicles and am a chauffeur by trade. I have over 250000 miles on it and you would never be able to tell it. Im going to try to get at least 400000 miles same engine/trans.
    Visitor, Dubuque, IA, June 18, 2013 15:58
    I have a 2005 MB S 430, Granted it stays in a heated garage and is cleaned all the time.. I have had no problems with this car at all 130,000 miles. Just brakes and tires, reg oil changes. The only part I have replaced is a heater control valve in the cowl area, $175.00. no big deal. The car is adult driven and yes I did buy this car new. Going on a trip this summer and I am planning on replacing the Belt before going.(age)
    Visitor, San Diego, CA, February 05, 2013 08:12
    This model, like all MBs, are pieces of garbage. Also owned a C-Class. Continuous failures which include repeated failures: Airmatic, front end rebuilding issues, numerous electrical failures. These cars are poorly engineered, designed to be cost prohibitive. DO NOT BUY ONE OF THESE OR ANY MB PRODUCT. YOU WILL REGRET IT.
    Visitor, Rockville, MD, September 10, 2012 17:04
    worst car ever,lots of problem all the time, been to repair shop often
    Visitor, Hollywood, FL, May 22, 2012 21:03
    I have had my 2001 S40 with AMG accents for 2 years now. Drives very smoothly and lots of compliments on it's looks no problems with the engine or AC the only chalenges are the LED lighting turn signal in mirror which causes an error message on the dash board apparantley the whole mirror housing must be changed to fix plus the lighting on the dashboard malfunctioned and turned off. Had a good Mercedes serviceman and he took it to a diagnostics center who fixd for about $400 other than that very happy with my purchase and regular maintenane costs are about the same as epected for any high end vehicle...
  • 2003 Mercedes-Benz S430
    Visitor, Fairview Heights, IL, December 07, 2011 06:33
    I have major suspension problems and the trunk looks open all the time.I have had to repair the suspention/ air shocks 3 times at $4,500 a whoop! There should have been a recall on the suspension system it is dangerous and costly. I have broken down 3 times with my car sitting on the street like a lower rider, SHAME ON MERCEDES BENZ
    Visitor, Bethesda, MD, December 03, 2011 05:47
    Crap crap crap. this is the worst car I have ever owned. Every 3-4 months its another trip to repair shop. I think I have funded his new boat. Cranks sensor, SRS error, random noises in front suspension, a/c not working, sun roof error won't auto open/close. The list goes on and on. Never a MB again.
    Visitor, Virginia Beach, VA, November 30, 2011 02:30
    I have owned my 2004 S430 4Matic for about a year and a half. I bought it with 50K miles, this car has had more issues. 4 month's after buying it, it was in the shop for electrical this, pump that,pulley this etc... $5000.00 later. I was pissed and feel that the BMW i owned for 11 years, that was NEVER in the shop except for oil change, tires and alignment is a way better car. If i go high end cars again, I will only go BMW.
    Visitor, Jacksonville, FL, October 31, 2011 22:24
    I purchased my 2004 S430 last year and I must say that the car has been in the shop more than in my garage. Major suspension problems. Replaced two struts and air pump already. Very sleek car...get tons of compliments. Be ready to spend a fortune even with warranty. Additoinal bells and gadgets that mercedes places on these cars are really not needed..just costs you extra money. Car not recommended for your average nine to fiver!!!
    Visitor, Missouri City, TX, October 06, 2011 21:39
    i has a 02 mercedes benz left side stay low drive loose i change the 2 front suspension strut and the spring link still drive loose on the road
  • 2000 Mercedes-Benz S430
    Visitor, Marbury, MD, August 08, 2011 16:51
    This 11 year old car is as good as the day I purchased. I have owned about 40 vehicles and this is my number one in all categories.
    bigkalk, Costa Mesa, CA, March 06, 2011 17:44
    Have had the car for a couple years now and like it well enough. Solid feel on the road and responsive engine. Room for the biggest of people front and back. Quite at speed and a pleasure to drive. The only problems I have is with the heating and air conditioning unit. Currently not working properly and will need to have it checked AGAIN. Ever little service or problem costs you and that is a problem. It will cost you to maintain this car. Outside of the on going aircon problems it has been a dream ride
    rvirk, Alamo, CA, December 27, 2010 13:40
    Great car but not as much fun as a BMW
    Visitor, Naples, FL, April 09, 2010 17:24
    Not what it should be. Over rated. Too costly for every little service. Floor mats are not good....they should be attached to the floor so they do not move. The AC is not very strong ( I live in Flporida) takes too long to cool the cab. I do not like the windshield wipers, with it auto wipe on rainy days. There are a lot more problems........... for the price ......it sucks.
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz S430
    Visitor, San Diego, CA, April 07, 2010 21:47
    Its a great car!
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz S430
    Visitor, Ashburn, VA, April 01, 2010 11:16
    I love my S430. I think the body styling as well as the sleek interior cannot be duplicated. It looks, both inside and out, more elegant than the new, more aggressive S series. It ages well, and with proper service and maintenance, it can be a dream to drive.