Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC
- Leaks Develop at Differential Seals/Cover on High Mileage/Older Vehicles
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Front Thrust Arm and Control Arm Bushing Can Crack or Tear
- Airmatic Pump Motors May Fail Due to Sticking Relays
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- My ABS,ESP and Pre Save Inactive sensors are on. What might the issue be?
- My A/C off light will not go off and the A/C will not come on. Can you help?
- airmatic pump non stop
- A warning light came on "re safe unavailable" What does that mean?
- why won't my start after washing thru drive-thru carwash hours later
Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC Problems
High mileage or older vehicles commonly develop leaks from the differential seals and/or cover. Our technicians recommend a complete reseal of the differential unit whenever these leaks are repaired.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
Front thrust arm and control arm bushings can crack and sometimes tear completely. If this is not repaired quickly, damage to the front subframe unit will occur, which is very expensive to repair. Updated control arms (that prevent damage to the subframe when the bushings wear out) are available.
Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC Questions
My car doesn't start
When I start up a hill it is worse than otherwise but it is there when I take off
When I start it up it is louder than it is after running it for a while
Mercedes-Benz S430 4MATIC Reviews
This is the worst car ever I am actually on my way to the shop. Where can i dump it. Since i bought this junk it has been one problem after another. Please do not buy this car
This car looks great yet has been a nightmare from day 1! wish I never bought it air suspension broke, radiator broke, cup holders are broken passenger vanity mirror broke, passenger mirror broke. This is luxury at its worst!
This is my second benz and it is an all around driving machine. On long or short trips it is super to drive. Only thing is the dealerships really charge a lot for maintenance.