Reviews for Mercedes-Benz S420 years:

Mercedes-Benz S420 Reviews and Owner Comments

Mercedes-Benz S420Owner Reviews (7 reviews)
    Visitor, Long Beach, CA, June 30, 2013 17:35
    the heater valve blowing warm air out of the vents and air condition works off and on. I was told if I by pass the heater valve Ill have good air condition but no heat until I replace the heater valve. rather have cold then heat right now. And I was told I can rebuild the heater valve, so 1, how do I bypass the heater valve and 2 is there a kit to rebuild the heater valve and where do I buy it? thanks
    bigsamuel, Mattapan, MA, June 09, 2013 23:22
    what cause my S420 Mercedes to lose power when accelerate from stop it sound like the plug missing fire it does it after driven a few miles stopping to a stop it get worse as I go along and stop at a red light or stop for any purpose.Sometimes when I shut car off and let engine cool down about30 to 45 minutes the car will run better.
    hethel, Los Angeles, CA, December 01, 2012 12:20
    heater dont work and shifter dont work it go in different spot drive is revers 3 is drive. what can i do.
    Visitor, Minneapolis, MN, February 03, 2012 07:26
    My asr light is,on what is the problem and cost
    Visitor, Sunnyvale, CA, April 06, 2010 22:33
    I like this car, it is a 1994 S420, I had it for 6 years the main problem was the transmition, I have to build it twice. It has some electrical and minor michanical problems like any other cars the window motor has to be replaced twice, the heater/AC fan stopped workig for no reason, the sun roof gets stuck sometimes, the seats had some movement problem. Driving is enjoyable, engine is super power and very comfortable
  • 1998 Mercedes-Benz S420
    ROCKSAMSON, South Orange, NJ, November 04, 2009 12:24
    OVERALL, THIS IS ONE OF THE BEST HANDLING CARS THAT I'VE EVER OWNED. I'VE OWNED A Z-28 CAMARO, A VOLVO, A LEXUS AND ABOUT 7 TOYOTA SUVs. THE BRAKING IS INCREDIBLE AND THE DRIVE IS LIKE BUTTER. WHAT DRIVES ME NUTS IS THE GASOLINE SMELL IN THE COMPARTMENT PRESUMABLY FROM THE NEW CATALYTIC CONVERTERS WE JUST INSTALLED (FOR THE 2ND TIME). THE STEERING WHEEL PUMP HAS HAD TO BE REPLACED (ALSO FOR THE 2ND TIME). THE HEATER MOTOR HAS BEEN REPLACED BUT THE CAR STILL DOES NOT BLOW HOT AIR JUST LUKE WARM AIR.
    Big A, Columbia, MD, April 29, 2009 09:32
    I've owned my 1995 s-420 since 1999, and have been relatively satisfied with it. My main concern is that there is a slight vibration that I cannot get rid of. I've balanced the tires, replaced all four tires, had the drive train checked all to no avail. This has been going on for the last 8 years. It looks like it is something that I will have to live with. The heating system is slow warming the car up. However, after twenty to thirty minutes it becomes comfortable. The engine seems to be okay, but I have only 91,000 miles on it. I have experienced problems with the oil lines leading to the lifters in the heads, the lifters would give a slight tapping sound and I would immediately take it to Herb Gordens Mercedes shop department. Each time it cost approximately $1,200 to repair. My car is garage kept and pampered. It goes without saying, I like it very much. However, if I were to purchase another car in the future, I think it would be a Lexus LS-460. From what I've read, that seems to be the most reliable car on the road today.