Mercedes-Benz S420 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz S420
- Closing Assist/Door Lock Issues Due to Pneumatic System Problems
- Window Regulator Failure is Common
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor Causing Erratic Engine Operation and Poor Fuel Economy
- Glove box hinges, center console arm rest, and cup holders may break
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- The blower motor just stopped working.
- My 2 side air vents blow hot air when a/c is on while center vents blow cold.
- I'm having an issue with the AC
- Fuse #20 blows every time I start A/C of the car. I turned off the A/C and then replaced fuse #20 and re-start the car not working after going to workshop and reprogram the car it started and again turning on A/C the fuse blows and the car not started.
- How do I get the door panel off?
Mercedes-Benz S420 Problems
Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.
One or more door windows may stop working due to a failed window regulator. Replacement of the failed regulator will be necessary to correct this concern.
A faulty mass air flow (MAF) sensor can cause erratic/rough engine operation and fuel economy issues. Since this sensor measures the actual amount of air entering the motor, when it fails, the engine control module (ECM) takes the wrong information and delivers incorrect volumes of fuel to the cylinders.
Mercedes-Benz S420 Questions
For getting the drivers door panel off to gain access to the window regulator?
Mercedes-Benz S420 Recalls
Mercedes-Benz S420 Reviews
what cause my S420 Mercedes to lose power when accelerate from stop it sound like the plug missing fire it does it after driven a few miles stopping to a stop it get worse as I go along and stop at a red light or stop for any purpose.Sometimes when I shut car off and let engine cool down about30 to 45 minutes the car will run better.
I've owned my 1995 s-420 since 1999, and have been relatively satisfied with it. My main concern is that there is a slight vibration that I cannot get rid of. I've balanced the tires, replaced all four tires, had the drive train checked all to no avail. This has been going on for the last 8 years. It looks like it is something that I will have to live with. The heating system is slow warming...
My asr light is,on what is the problem and cost