Mercedes-Benz ML350 Reviews

Mercedes-Benz ML350 Reviews and Owner Comments

Overall I really liked this 2013 ML 350. Mine was loaded with xenon lights, Harmon Kardon sound system, and keyless go. Definite musts. The only real gripe was the tendency of a smelly AC system due to bad design that permits mold to grow in the system. Changing the air filter is only a temporary and expensive fix. Only drove it 25000 miles so it was not too bad but actually got a 2015 model - so hoping this does not happen in this SUV.
We bought a used 2007 ML 350 from Albuquerque. First time in for service we got about 10 miles out and the sunroof would not close-had to take it back. Next time $600 dollars in repairs then the computerized electrical system had to be reset. The steering column had to be replaced because the horn kept honking, now the check engine light comes on then goes off then the brake light comes on then goes off-this car is costing us soooo much in repairs it is unbelievable! I do not want another Mercedes!
This is my second ML350 and these cars are unreliable and very costly to repair. The parts prices are outrageous and brakes and rotors' prices are just ridiculous. Struts, mounts and engine mounts are $3500. The dealer, Mercedes Benz of San Diego was terrible and fixed nothing. I will not buy another Mercedes truck again. BTW, my 2008 CL65 with 21,000 miles needed front brakes and rotors and a suspension hydraulic hose broke. Total repair bill $5,000. If you buy a Benz be prepared to buy an extended warranty or you will bleed to death slowly.
I love the ML 350, it is a great SUV, runs like a champion!Looks brand new and I always get comments like when did you get a new car!!My Ml has just rolled over the 140K mark, It is the best.
Not sure why previous reviewer(same make, year, model)Mercedes has such difficulty. Bought mine pre-owned with 30,000 miles and now has 82,000. Rides great, no problems except a few bulbs from time-to-time and then there was the trunk latch replaced. Other than that, great car. Up to 81, 000. Plan to keep way past 100,000. My dad says cabs in Amsterdam uses same car! Previous cars of mine required way more work. I did get the CAR FAX before buying and it was good.
Bought this one new and have suffered numerous problems since day one. Started with a steering column wire harness recall. Then the right rear shock failed. Both transmission and engine oil pan weld nuts for the drain plug failed at the first oil change. (bad welds) Then one of the a/c vents fell apart. I was able to carefully reassemble it. At 50k the right front wheel bearing failed. It failed again at 75k. At 74k the front differential bearings failed and it can only be replaced, not repaired since bearings come from Poland and significant careful shimming is required to replace them. OEM Michelin tires were incredibly noisy. This is my wife's car and she babies it, so there is no abuse. This is probably the worst car we have ever owned. My second Benz and even worse than the first so this is probably the last one we ever buy. Keeping it since we have spent so much repairing it that I can't justify selling it at a loss.
Stay way from any 2006-2009 ML350. Major problems with transmissions. Bought a 2006 ML350. 10 months out of warranty and went into "limp mode", stuck on first gear. Replaced transmission speed sensor ($1000). A month later, same problem, replaced Valve body ($2000). Still not fixed. Dealer says there's a know problem inside engine it takes 1 week and $5000 to fixed. Called Mercedes no help. Other issues: Melted tail right tail assembly ($400), Computer for wipers ($1000), Secondary battery under passenger seat ($300). I have two other Mercedes (2008 CLK550 and 2012 C300, no problems at all!)
I have a 2012 ml 350 blue tec. Engine oil cooler seal failed @ 51000 miles. Warranty would not cover, 50000 mile warranty. 60000 miles blue tec heater had to be replaced. After complaining merc benz decided to replace at no charge. Suv drives great and has plenty of power
Purchased a used 07 in 07 (10 months and about 15k miles) and has been a nightmare since day 1. Engine, trans, A/C, electrical, steering, etc....you name it, it has gone bad on this car!!!! My third MB and could very well be my last. Tired of filling out surveys that ask you how clean the waiting room was when this POS breaks down weeks after repairs. Called MB Corp, no help at all. The level of arrogance at MB dealerships is the worst part. They act like its a privilege to get repair work done every few months and are rarely willing to bend on very expensive solutions.
I bought a 2005 ML350 in early 2013. Still drives like a dream. The only cons are that the check engine light came on 8 months after purchase. I took it to an auto parts store that ran a test that said it has something to do with the gas tank - air leaking. I still had the original cap so I bought a new one and reset the battery - it came back on and recently the SRS light came on. Both are annoying but minor. I had to change the lights but everything was original. It's only been a year but it was already 8 years old when I bought so can't complain so far. The service D code came on, I changed the filter (original) and had an oil change, the only problem now is that I have no idea how to reset the code. All in all I must have picked a lucky one compared to other reviews.
I bought a 2005 ml350 with 72K miles on it in 2011. It checked out fine. About 8 months later the service light come on and I get a 3K bill. Belts, water pump, play in right wheel, rotors and breaks, etc, etc. 4 month later and the car starts to shake. Back to dealer. The fixed the injector stuck open, buttoned it back up and noticed a knocking noise. What is going on?? Oh, you'll probably need a new engine but it'll cost you 2K for us to confirm that. WHAT?? So, I'm at a loss and totally disappointed. I'll avoid MB like the plague. Buy what you want, but you have been warned.
I have a 2009 preowned ml350 with 32k miles It burns a qt of oil every 3200 miles The dealer is telling it is normal I dont believe it . I have a 2001 S430 with 124000 It does not burn a drop of oil
I have a 2007 ML350 which I purchased in 2009. I have no major mechanical complaints except that I am constantly changing lights bulbs (headlight, break lights, etc.)and the "Service B" indication keeps coming on. I've had an oil change maybe 2x a year being that I do a lot of driving but NEVER do I take it back to Mercedes, I take it to firestone or Mavis. Wish I knew about the electrical problems, my trunk has stopped opening and closing by itself now I have to force it down and open myself.
I have a 2005 ML350 with 110k. I am now replacing the rear shocks for the 1st time. My issue with this Suv is, the A/C unit. It was replaced 2 years ago and the new one really struggles to perform. You would think "Mercedes" everything should work great. I am sorry to say, not on this Suv.
I purchased my 07 ML350 from Ray Catena in Union, Certified Pre-Owned with 16,000 miles in January of 2009. At time of purchase I was told I had "free" oil changes and 5 year factory warranty coverage. Lets just say, few months later check engine light was on, took truck to dealer, another few weeks later, service light was on and took truck back to dealer, most of the light bulbs were replaced within the first 3 months of ownership, NOTHING WAS FREE, oil change or service as I was told, in fact, it costs me about $700 each time I take for service, six months after purchase needed new tires and brakes...few months ago the heating system failed, no heat in truck when it was -0 degrees out, took back to fix, cost me $4,000. Check engine light back on, back to dealer. NOW, the entire right side of the truck HAS NO lights and I am being told is an electrical problem the truck has. For two years I have been back and forth replacing ALL bulbs in truck while it has been costing me a fortune, NOW I am told its electrical and I am out of warranty. What is going on??? NEVER again will I buy another Mercedes vehicle. Did I mention that I paid the vehicle in full (CASH/Check) at the time of purchase???
you are right about Bruce Bennett. Take your money and run. What a disgrace. Business people not. Seems like take the cash and go back to Florida is the feeling . I feel the same way you do. Something should be done!
2008 Mercedes ML 350. I'd never purchase another vehicle from Bruce Bennett Nissan in Wilton, CT. They sold me a car with worn out rotors, leaking power steering system, needed an oil chane 2 wks after purchase and camshaft bolt leaks and gave me a hard time with fixing the leaks. Never returned phone calls. What a disgrace to America.
Previously owned a 2002 320E wagon but as it got older, got to be too expensive to fix. Bought a used, 2007 350ML SUV with 30,000 miles on it. Starting making funny, sloshing sounds whenever I turned a corner. Took it in and they agreed to fix it. Apparently, had to remove the whole dashboard to do it. It was fine for a month or two and then started sloshing again. Brought it back in - took two weeks to fix it! When it was finally returned to me, they had disconnected the cigarette lighters so now I cannot charge my phone in the car. Have had the car back twice to fix and they still return it to me without fixing the cigarette lighters. Going back next week for one last time. This is my fourth and last Mercedes.
2011 ML350 Premium Package 1 ....... I traded in my 2006 Volvo XC90 and upgraded to the ML 350 and what a great descion it turned out to be. I love this SUV it is not only comfortable to drive but the hands free is wonderful!!! Great SUV and will definetly buy another...
I was rather surprised to find this site AFTER I purchased a used 2006 ML350. AND I wish I had never bothered. I was excited when I realized that I, single mother of three, would be able to afford the luxury of a Mercedes!! Not all that it's cracked up to be. Brakes (pads and rotors) always need replacing, which is odd because I do more distance driving than city (not alot of brake use). Power steering resivoir cracked (not sure how that happened), something with the transmission (left me on the side of the road during one of our family road trips) which was never diagnosed and now my blowers will not turn off causing my battery to drain and car would not start (some line clogged and causing a back up in fluids)......The disappointing part is that there are so many problems but not macy solutions or diagnoses for that matter!!! I can honestly say that the grand experience with the luxurious Benz has been nothing but pure hell. I will not buy another used vehicle EVER (especially not a luxury vehicle). Oh yeah, did I mention it was CERTIFIED!!!
In Aug. 2011 I purchased a 2007 ML350 through Lehigh Valley Acura/Vinart in Allentown. This is the first time I ever owned a Mercedes and I can honestly say, it will be the last time. In Dec. 2011, I took it to the dealership for my first "FREE" oil change. We drove the vehicle 33 miles and it started smoking. We immediately went back to the dealership.....long story short my "FREE" oil change resulted in a cracked cylinder head and $200 for my deductible. A vehicle I had for only 4 months with a $2900 repair!!! Now 1 month later the check engine light comes on. I went to the BMW dealership that completed the $2900 repair and now they are telling me that I need to replace a air mass sensor which will cost me another $200 for my deductible. How RIDICULOUS is this!! $400 in deductibles for a total of $3500 in repairs for a vehicle I have owned for 5 months. I'm so glad I waited to fill out my survey on this dealership. I am a first and last time buyer.
I bought my 2008 ML350 in Sept. 2010. I fell in love with the car, but the cost services and maintenance are ridiculous. I have previously owned BMWs, which I have never paid for maintenance or services in over 8 years. My only concern is when the 'brake wear' light comes on. My light was on 4 days before I took my car in for repair. I'm thinking that maybe my brakes were the only things bad, but I had to replace all brakes and rotors. When the light comes on, don't hesitate because it could have been more damage had I waited any longer. Now that I have reached 45k miles, the check engine light comes on today!!!! I have spent more on services and maintenance than I really care to. Although I think Mercedes is a great car, I will probably go back to BMW. Sorry!
Bought this same 08 ML 350 as in picture 1 year ago and could not be more pleased with the purchase. It had been well taken care of and less than 32,000 miles on it. So far running perfect no engine codes, oil change did myself and went perfect. I have owned all 3 american car manufacturer vehicles in the past and I am absolutely convinced MB is in a class of its own. My life long dream has been to own a Z06 corvette now I am giving the SLK AMG 500 a close look. Fit finish is perfect, ride is rock solid. Must drive to appreciate!!!
Mercedes dealership unable to diagnosis check engine light (code associated with fuel line). Replaced gas cap after nothing was found on a "smoke test." No defect codes are found. Recently replaced purge valve, but light is back on and dealership advises to replace "charcoal cannister." If that doesn't work and still no defect code, then something with gas tank is their final suggestion. All this with the only symptom being the check engine light (runs fine) and no actual diagnosis.
i have my valve body replace but the up shift 1 to 2 and 3 to 4 and 2 to 1 can still br feel when gear shifting? can you please advise asap ??my email is raymond_teo@rocketmail.com
i bought 2003 ml 350 brand new. here is story. 145k miles and 6 time brake pads change and 3 times rotors. brake only last 25k miles. rear drive shaft worn out and replaced.. head gasket leaks. in past leaky pwr steering pump leaked and replace. again once pwr steering columb totaly replaced. wind shield pump out of order. very costly repair. Compare to brand new 2005 lexus es. brake job done at 110k miles. not a single time any any other issue. and has 121k miles.
Have a 05 ML 350 special edition Silver /Gray with 3,200 miles.I am looking to drive for a every long time.Seeing all the reviews tells me that I will be happy with my purchase.
I don't know what other vehicle you can drive in Texas for 36,000 miles without a water pump, and I don't encourage ANYONE to try it, but I can verify it's been done. About 55 miles each way, twice a day. And before that, I broke the radiator on a beach. 20 or so miles, without damage then and it was about 95 degrees on that day. One last thing...people complain about dealer maintenance, and schedule A's and B's are expensive. But if you add it up, you can go 10k to 12k miles between Mobile 1 0-40 oil changes. So that it costs me 10 oil changes at ~150 per equals about 1500 per 100k miles. If you add up the 40/per for each oil change at 3,000 miles, you pay MORE for that maintenance than you do in a Mercedes?! (Note: this includes A service but not B service; that costs more but they check and replace almost everything.) Again, I don't know a car built six years ago that you can drive for 230k miles without multiple repairs. I'm shooting for 500k miles.
Overall nice car, I like the handling.
When you think Mercedes, you think luxury and reliability (generally speaking). However, I have not had any of this with this car. At 54,000 miles, I have had 3 brake jobs (rotors replaced TWICE!), of course the front rims get dirty within a day or two of driving (design flaw), drivers seat replaced due problem with seat heating (hot spots), motor for rear seat heating and a/c had to be replaced, when changing where I wanted the heat or a/c to come out (vent, defrost or at feet) the dial would not work. I could not change. A broken arm had to be replaced. The smooth ride that I had when I purchased the vehicle has become extremely rough. When I brought it to my dealership (Globe Mercedes in Farifield N.J.) they stated that the ride was normal and that they found nothing wrong. I brought it back to them 2 weeks later telling them that they must be mistaken because I KNOW there is a big difference in the ride. I took a test drive with one of the technicians and he said to me "It does seem pretty rough". However, when I came back the to pick up the vehicle, my service manager( Bill Waggoner) said the ride was normal and that nothing could be done. Both cigarette lighters don't work (have hardly used them at all) and it's not the fuse. Had a small leak in the coolant compartment and now a power steering issue (which is the reason I am on this site).