Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Reviews

Mercedes-Benz E63 AMG Reviews and Owner Comments

Serious problems with the transmission. Hard shifting from day one in between 4 down to 3 and sometimes other gears. Ongoing hesitation, partial stalling, and jerky starts when started from standing still. The car has 2500 miles on it and the MBUSA and the local dealer still cannot find what is wrong with the car. This is as if enough testing was done by AMG or MB and the car was released with these drive train problems. The problem is not disclosed to the potential buyers.
I dont want to trade it. Its 6 years old now and I love it. Tires wear out, but its a high performance car. Heard other model year e63's had some problems.
Although the suspension of this AMG E63 is outstanding and high performance. The steering in normal driving conditions is also very accurate and firm. My only issue is related to noise randomly generated from the power steering at low speed which seems to indicate that the pump is a stress mode. After numerous trips to the dealer with no solution... I decided to go into posts to see if anyone has seen/heard anything. highly recommended car...even if it is expensive... it is worth every penny
My 2011 E63 has less than 5,000 miles. A warning message "check engine oil at next refuelling" keeps coming on. I added 1 quart of oil 1,000 miles ago and now the warning message comes on again. 2 qrts of oil burned in less than 5,000 miles!!!!!!!!!. The exhaust tail pipes show excess carbon build up so this engine is buring oil. Anyone else experiencing this? I am taking the vehicle in next week.
Most versatile car I've ever owned. Rock-solid. Not one problem.