Mercedes-Benz E550 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz E550
- is there any speed sensors whch can detect speed of non ferrous material wheel?
- the car sounds like it is still on after you turn it off.
- My 2009 E550 has a shifting problem.At normal accelerationit seems to confused
- what are the most common problems for this car make model and year?
- I start my car, and sometimes I cannot physically shift my car to reverse.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mercedes-Benz E550 Problems
Due to the size and material used on the brakes of these vehicles, the brakes may start to squeak around the 50 percent wear point. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge of the rotor. Because of this, the rotors are usually replaced when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
Vehicles equipped with a 7-speed automatic transmission may develop a rough shifting condition, most commonly going up from first to second gear and going down from third to second or second to first gear. Our technicians tell us this is due to an internal component failure. Mercedes has released updated parts; the transmission will need to be removed and disassembled to complete the necessary repairs.
The engine may develop a stalling and/or no start condition due to a failed crankshaft position sensor.
Mercedes-Benz E550 Questions
sounds like its the fan going but dont know
confused about which gear to shift or a miss . Mercedes says nothing wrong dont show up on computer.
Mercedes-Benz E550 Recalls
Certain vehicles were assembled with a right side window curtain airbag that was stitched together improperly. In the event of a crash, this airbag may deflate more quickly than intended, reducing the protection it may provide to vehicle occupants. Mercedes-Benz dealers will replace the right side window curtain air bag on affected vehicles to correct this concern.
Mercedes Benz is recalling 2010 C-Class, model 204; E-Class, model 212; and 2010–2011 E-Class Coupe/Cabriolet, model 207 vehicles due to a loss of power steering fluid that could result in power steering system failure. Owners may not have sufficient control of the vehicle in areas like parking lots, thus increasing the chance of a crash. Dealers will check and re-torque the connection fitting, free of charge.
Mercedes-Benz E550 Reviews
I wish the speedo needle was RED like the AMG's. The Nav. system is not what I would expect from Mercedes. A Garmin responds better. Automatic headlights are fantastic.Steering a little over power-ful.When we first got the car after one month the AC blew cold on the left and heat on the right.Turn the car off, and it would go back to normal.We took it back to the dealer three times, they could ...
First M-B and at only 550 miles, many differences quickly noted, compared to previous new cars owned. A plus is the extensive efforts made to control fuel consumption with the V8 engine. Body gaps are small, even, and better than on the 2014 S550 car I cross-checked fit and finish with. The COMAND control system; and separate function control buttons are a convoluted mess that days of st...
Rotors replaced at 10K of normal driving. No warning light indicating brakes were compromised. Dealership initially blamed us for driving down steep declines (we don't). It was covered under warranty. We have really enjoyed this 2012 E550 Coupe, especially with it's cool little V-8. You can't brake out of every traffic situation, sometimes you need responsive acceleration, and it has it to spar...