Mercedes-Benz E430 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz E430 4MATIC
- motor mount on left side is broken or loose
- check coolant light keeps coming on
- I have a water leak in the rear battery compartment where the fuses are.
- My E430 car alarm goes off intermittently in different locations. What is wrong?
- I repaired my rear brake pads and rotors but they still squeak in reverse.
Mercedes-Benz E430 4MATIC Problems
Instrument cluster displays tend to fail, especially the clock and gear indicators. Our technicians tell us the instrument cluster will require replacement to correct this issue.
The ESP and BAS warning lights may illuminate due to a failed brake light switch. Replacement of the failed switch should correct this concern.
A squeak from the steering column is often related to a rubber boot in the column or a seal in the power steering rack.
Mercedes-Benz E430 4MATIC Questions
Usually on slow reversing
Had a bad experience with mechanic. Claimed the heads cracked resurfaced them. When he returned car a vibration under hood, we looked and when you put foot of gas left side of engine lifts up out of the car
Mechanic says the valves in the intake manifold have carbon on them. He put some cleaner in the motor through the purge valve to clean it but still have the noise Whats up? What do you think? The car is real nice looking but it is embarassing when the car is idleing and it sounds like an old junk...