Mercedes-Benz CLS550 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz CLS550
- Rear suspension, or shock leaking symptoms? Please
- Feels like a fluid that has leaked coming from the rear of the car
- On my 07 cls550 my suspension is not leveling out what I mean by that is my car
- 7 speed transmission. Turbine sensor fault. Where is it in the gearbox.
- Occasionally I hear a clink sound in the rear of the car.
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
Mercedes-Benz CLS550 Problems
A sticking relay, causing the airmatic pump motor to constantly run, may causee the airmatic pump motor to fail or the battery to go dead when the car is shut off. Worn airmatic pump mount bushings can causes noises in the front axle while driving on bumpy roads or a buzzing noise.
Rear air springs (bellows) may develop leaks, which causes the air pump to run more often to maintain ride height. Our technicians recommend that leaking air springs be replaced.
Due to the size and material used on the brakes of these vehicles, the brakes may start to squeak around the 50 percent wear point. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge of the rotor. Because of this, the rotors are usually replaced when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
Mercedes-Benz CLS550 Questions
The clunk sound usually occurs shortly after I have put it in gear. I have also heard it when driving under 10 mph but not at a faster rate of speed. Has anyone else reported such a problem? Mercedes service center has not been able to address the problem.
Washed the car and water got to the fuse panel ?
Mercedes-Benz CLS550 Recalls
The bolts securing the secondary hood latch may not have been properly tightened during vehicle assembly on 23 vehicles. The could result in the secondary hood latch becoming ineffective. If the hood were not properly secured by the primary latch and the the secondary latch was not functioning, the hood could open while driving, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will check and retighten the bolts on the secondary latch as necessary to correct this concern.
Transistors used in the front signal acquisition and actuation module (SAM-F) may have been damaged during module assembly. As a result, the module could fail without warning, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect and replace the affected modules as necessary. This recall is scheduled to begin on May 2, 2008. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 030005.
The rear outer seat belts may not latch correctly when used with certain child safety seats, increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash. Dealers will replace the affected seat belts. This recall is expected to begin on November 19, 2007. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2007-100002.
Mercedes-Benz CLS550 Reviews
nice car,to much of a car
ilove my 2007 MB CLS 550 amg sport package, although it requires alot of costly maintenance. i had to replace the timing belt and seal because of an oil leak. also, the fault codes im currently delaing with now which are 2768, 2767, 2783 relating to the transmission valve body and converter plate causing the car to stall out and not shift properly. other than those maintenace issues the car rid...
CLS 550 with AMG Sport Package: Excellent interior fit/trim, superb handling and very strong engine. I really enjoy the combination of styling and performance