Mercedes-Benz CLS550 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz CLS550
- On my 07 cls550 my suspension is not leveling out what I mean by that is my car
- 7 speed transmission. Turbine sensor fault. Where is it in the gearbox.
- Occasionally I hear a clink sound in the rear of the car.
- How to open trunk when fuse has short circut and trunk will not open ?
- Why is the car level asymmetric?
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
Mercedes-Benz CLS550 Problems
A sticking relay, causing the airmatic pump motor to constantly run, may causee the airmatic pump motor to fail or the battery to go dead when the car is shut off. Worn airmatic pump mount bushings can causes noises in the front axle while driving on bumpy roads or a buzzing noise.
Rear air springs (bellows) may develop leaks, which causes the air pump to run more often to maintain ride height. Our technicians recommend that leaking air springs be replaced.
Due to the size and material used on the brakes of these vehicles, the brakes may start to squeak around the 50 percent wear point. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge of the rotor. Because of this, the rotors are usually replaced when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
Mercedes-Benz CLS550 Questions
The clunk sound usually occurs shortly after I have put it in gear. I have also heard it when driving under 10 mph but not at a faster rate of speed. Has anyone else reported such a problem? Mercedes service center has not been able to address the problem.
Washed the car and water got to the fuse panel ?
Mercedes-Benz CLS550 Recalls
The bolts securing the secondary hood latch may not have been properly tightened during vehicle assembly on 23 vehicles. The could result in the secondary hood latch becoming ineffective. If the hood were not properly secured by the primary latch and the the secondary latch was not functioning, the hood could open while driving, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will check and retighten the bolts on the secondary latch as necessary to correct this concern.
Transistors used in the front signal acquisition and actuation module (SAM-F) may have been damaged during module assembly. As a result, the module could fail without warning, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect and replace the affected modules as necessary. This recall is scheduled to begin on May 2, 2008. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2008 030005.
The rear outer seat belts may not latch correctly when used with certain child safety seats, increasing the risk of injury in the event of a crash. Dealers will replace the affected seat belts. This recall is expected to begin on November 19, 2007. The Mercedes-Benz recall number is 2007-100002.
Mercedes-Benz CLS550 Reviews
nice car,to much of a car
CLS 550 with AMG Sport Package: Excellent interior fit/trim, superb handling and very strong engine. I really enjoy the combination of styling and performance
This is my first and VERY well deserved Mercedes. I LOVE EVERYTHING about this car and what a great first choice, like they say go big or go home. Amazing looks, style, performance and handling. I am satisfied above and beyond my high expectations. The next step will be the 2011 CLS AMG63.