Reviews for Mercedes-Benz CLK500 years:

Mercedes-Benz CLK500 Reviews and Owner Comments

Mercedes-Benz CLK500Owner Reviews (7 reviews)
    dmcsteel, Hixson, TN, June 05, 2014 15:57
    Bought this car 4 1/2 years ago and it had 50K miles, since then I have put another 80K on it. I love the way it drives and it still looks almost knew. Just polished it and it really pops! However...it is uncanny how I have had the same issues that have shown up on this site. Stepper motor arm is broken (5 clicks on start up every time for a few minutes), haven't repaired it yet. Head rest wouldn't work properly because of seat controls under passenger seat, fixed it. Passenger headlight doesn't come on all the time ( about 95%), and it usually takes several seconds to come on. Trunk brake light just fell out! Replaced it. Transmission module had to be replaced ($1,200), was told it was a common problem but MB wouldn't do a recall. Tires don't last! I buy high priced Michelins with a high mileage rating, but because they are low profile and on an MB, Michelin cuts the mileage rating in half. Usually get about 20K on my tires. But I like the car and will probably keep it for awhile longer as long as it doesn't need a major repair.
  • 2006 Mercedes-Benz CLK500
    Visitor, Staten Island, NY, January 09, 2014 20:58
    great car to drive, very quick to respond with the 5.0 liter, drives excellent. i had to replace the air conditioning control unit in the interior of the car. also, the lifters make noise in the recent past.mechanic said 500 liter have had some issues with lifters. car has only 39k, and i am a bit disapointed especially that it is a mercedes, but over all, the car is a pleasure to own & drive. never looks like it is getting older. great lines. handsome with cadet blue exterior, stone interior that sports a black rag top. great summer fun car .
    Visitor, Silver Spring, MD, August 18, 2012 07:39
    I have own the coupe for 5+ years w/106k miles. Under factory warranty repair, Key fob transmitter replaced, Passenger side seat control unit replace, Valve cover gasket replaced, 3rd brake light fell off from slamming the trunk to hard, (16) Spark plug and wire due to vehicle shakiness (did not solve it), Exhaust manifolds replace due to vehicle shakiness (did not solve it) ----------------------------- Not under factory warranty repair. A/C Flap Actuator (stepper motor), Transmission front seal, Bump stop, Serpentine belt, Pulley replace (forgot witch one), 3rd brake (stop working), Crankshaft sensor was replace at 50k miles, Upper and lower control arm, Drive shaft flex plate ------------------------- Brake maintenance Front brakes replace every 2 years, Rear brakes Never changed them -------------------------- I did the transmission fluid with new filter/gasket at 95k miles. -------------------------- I still have to do the following maintenance. (16) Spark plugs, wires, coil pack (I have the parts) Power steering fluid, Coolant fluid, Brake fluid, Bushing due to squeaking suspension...... The vehicle shakes a little while idling. I'm changing all (8) coil packs and hope it will solve it. Wiper blades you have to go thru Mercedes.
  • 2005 Mercedes-Benz CLK500
    Visitor, Cape Coral, FL, April 03, 2012 08:09
    I purchased this Clk-500 with 25,000 miles on it. NOTHING BUT TROUBLE Electrical all kinds. Crank shaft sensor, tail light sensor, oil level sensor, coolant level sensor, The ignition will not turn on sometimes, radio will not turn on sometimes, Body trouble, Both front inner fender liners have come out more than once, top leaks, seats won't adjust, head rest won't adjust, Motor trouble noisy lifters at low rpm I have had this car in the shop several times. Its never a warranty issue. This is my second and last benz, never again. Very disappointed in the quality of the interior.
  • 2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK500
    bebegdb, Schley, VA, January 27, 2010 09:23
    No major problems got this car as used and little bit here and there to fix. happy with the car. just want to share something that I have done. driver side head rest has been stop moving up and down. got it fix by MB dealership cost around 380-400. heated mirror on the passenger side has be not working also has been fix by the dealership. cost me around 300-400 dollar. climate control stepper motor need to be replace as they start to have noise. parts is around 200 but the labor is a lot so i decided to delay the repair till it stop working. I have had few German vehicles already. First I love them even though they bring me some issues here and there. but I enjoy every dollar i spend on them. IMPORTANT ADVISE Always keep the Floor carpet dry and clean GET THE right Fit all SEASONS mats. Often check the floor even though you have the right mats, sometime the water still leak from the side( all electronic wires runs below your foot.) cleaner the Floor you kept better the condition and longer the life of all your electronic censers and devices. Always keep up the oil changes, because that will keep you away from engine and transmission failure. Only use manufacture recommended oils grade and brand. On the engine oil (me every 7-8k km), Gear box oil (me every 35K km) and rear diff oil( if you do have one, me50K km) there is no such a oil that last you lifetime. before you shut off your engine always turn all your audio and climatic control off. Never crank your ac or heat to the max once you just start the engine. yes your climatic control is meant to be use but not abuse. longer the abuse you give shorter the life it is. Keep the engine bay clean and Air filter clean. MAF will last you longer that way. Avoid the bumpy road and pud hole so that your control arms and suspension linkage will last you longer. Keep in mind those suspension linkage no matter how well you drive eventually it will need to be replace, due to the long hours of wear and tear from the road condition. I did purchased the CLK used, so therefore i will eventually run in to some small problems here and there. But as i know the owner and the full history of the car. i do have full confident in it. Suspension i used on it is PSS9 coilover, H&R sways front and back and i used KMS camber kits front and back to correct the alignment. full exhaust except header( do not custom install your exhaust, due to if O2 censer position is too close and too far the engine light will go on) My CLK500 also was chipped and have crank pulley upgraded. modifying your car is good only if you know what you are doing. Every mods have its own consequence behind it. Suspension will kills your linkage bushing faster( due to the original design of the bushing is not meant to have turn or twist at the level of your car sits. unless you want/prepare to changes all your linkage bushings and bearings. Sometime you can not even find the right stuff, due to the reason other company does not make them due to the marketing purpose. I want to stop here for now but i have a lot of good and bad experience from modifying the cars. So i pretty much know most of mods purpose. ask me question, if i know i would like to help you!! BY THE WAY I AM FROM TORONTO, CANADA
  • 2003 Mercedes-Benz CLK500
    nettlesbyu, Tacoma, WA, November 23, 2009 07:38
    When I purchased my car it was 2 year old and had 24,000 miles. I did not know anything about cars and this is my first benz. I runs great but has had many other problems with the electrical, suspension and heating. But even though I have 93,000 miles on it now; Mercedes stepped up and repaired the suspension as a warranty issue. I had not gotten a carfax when I purchased the car. My suggestion is to get a carfax and puchase a dealer certified vehical. It will save a lot of time, money and problems. To a degree I am happy with my car, I love the way it drives and Mercedes Benz Company has been very good to me. The customer service at my dealership has been great. I have found that good communication with you service person is very, very important. Get to know the service manager and your service representative. After the repair of my suspension problems the heater started working better and the engine runs quite. Although my windsheild wipers have stopped working; I believe this is a wiper motor problem or a fuse. Amazing the joys of car ownership. I do hope that my next Benz has made improvements. Thanks to Mercedes Benz for helping me understand and care for the car I love.
    90049er, Los Angeles, CA, April 28, 2009 21:32
    This car is an electical piece of cr*p. Its had all kinds of electrical issues - sensors going bad, SRS light always coming on when its not supposed to, warning that lights are out when they are not, etc. Ah, and the CD changer broke at 45,000 miles. I can't believe how much time and energy I've had to waste on this thing. Its my first and last Mercedes. That said, no engine problems or AC or exhaust problems of any kind. The AC controls are ridiculous though, a total pain to operate. That said, the interior is great (except for some premature yellowing of hard plastic around the door latches on the inside and some peeling of the brightwork around the vents) It drives well and has great engine sound, good pickup for a super heavy car (the convertible I think is like 5000 lbs). I bought it 3 years old and the steering wheel leather was all worn and nasty, got that replaced for $800, Mercedes would not cover it under warranty. I've heard Mercedes quality has improved, I hope so. I've had more problems in 2 years with this car than I had in 10 years with a Geo, Ford and Saab.