Mercedes-Benz CLK350 Reviews

Mercedes-Benz CLK350 Reviews and Owner Comments

Hi I own a 2008 CLK350clk Avantgarde. First registered Dec 2009. Bought second hand in 2013 with 58,000km, now (Nov16) done 78,000km. I love the car. However it has had more than its fair share of issues for such a fancy car!
1 Oil cooler replaced 2013 58,000km
2 Front discs brakes and pads all round replaced (warped?) 2013 @ 65,000km
3 Self adjusting headlight's sensor rod on stabiliser trapped making lights shine down 213 60,000km. Freed and Okay.
4 Air cooler compressor failed and replaced @ 70,000km 2015
5 Sunroof plastic catches and breaks, replaced at 70,000km 2015. Have to hold close button until fully closed or else it reopens partially.
6 Intermittent droopy RHS front self levelling headlight sometimes does not come up when engine has started. Repair offered is to buy a new headlight ($3,000!) I live with multiple engine restarts which fixes it - mostly!
I love my car but recently started smelling gas around the hood/drivers sdie every mornign when i start my car. The smell goes away after the car warms up. I dont smell it inside though. I am worried and would like to know if anyone has experienced this problem before and what the possible cause and solution could be.
Please be careful buying any mercedes. Quality issues are just too much. Driver side mirror vibrates due to bad design. Wind while driving affects it. Tail light just fell off one day. Everytime i take it to dealer, two days later something quits working and thats mostly radio components. Dealers are crooks making money off you, and making lot of money. things that are standard on other cars are not standard on mercedes, like a bluetooth and will take 2000 dollars to get that installed. I hate mercedes. Will never buy another. i dont have time or money for them to keep fixinf my car.
Overall it is a great car. My only complaints are with the heating system. The auto setting does not really adjust where the heat/cooling comes out. The older C Class cars did. There are also many problems interfacing an I Pod/I Phone with the entertainment system. The music plays fine, it just does not display on the main entertainment display.