Mercedes-Benz C350 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz C350 4MATIC
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mercedes-Benz C350 4MATIC Problems
The heating, ventilation and AC (HVAC) heater box is susceptible to mildew buildup. This can result in a musty odor from the HVAC system, most noticeable when the system is first turned on.
The camshaft adjuster solenoid (which is related to the variable valve timing system) may fail or timing chain/balance shaft components may wear, resulting in illumination of the Check Engine Light and various drivability issues. Mercedes-Benz has released a service bulletin outlining specific repair instructions depending on fault codes stored.
The mass air flow sensor tends to fail causing poor fuel economy and Check Engine light illumination. The engine air filter should be replaced when the mass air flow sensor is replaced; a dirty filter can allow debris to damage the new sensor.
Mercedes-Benz C350 4MATIC Questions
How will I know which I need, the standard of HID?
After the car warms up you can smell (hot) from the drivers door back to the end of the car. All fluid levels are up, no flashing code or engine lights. Car still runs fine but you do have the hot smell. No visible leaks under the car.
Whenever the car is shifted from park to reverse there's a noticably long delay before the transmission engages. Then I feel a "thud" and the car moves in reverse. This occurs whether my foot is on the accelerator or not.