Mercedes-Benz C320 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz C320 4MATIC
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Engine Performance Problems Due to Crankshaft Position Sensor Failure
- Check Engine Light on Due to Failed Catalytic Converter
- Worn Sway Bar Link Joints Causing Knocking Over Bumps
- e320 A/C in automatic silhouette of wagon with arrow pointing up shows. meaning
- Transmission issue? I say it with a question mark as brand new tranny in car
- WHAT TYPE OF FLUID DO I USE FOR POWER STEERING
- my transmission not get out of first gear. I was told it was a sensor problem.
- The front end of my Mercedes is lifted up for some reason. No reason known.
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- ARautoPRO, LLC (301) 605-9203 | 19.99mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
- Convenience Car Care Center (703) 594-4027 | 20.27mi
- Car Doctor (571) 402-1906 | 18.95mi
Mercedes-Benz C320 4MATIC Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
The crankshaft position sensor may fail. Symptoms of this are: The engine will crank—but not start—especially when the engine is warm. The car may start again if it is left to cool off, but it may run roughly or have poor performance. Communicating these specific symptoms to your technician can save diagnostic time.
Mercedes-Benz C320 4MATIC Questions
What does this computer image mean? A/C runs fine and error message resets when car is restarted.
I NEED SPECIFICATIONS
cost 250 for parts and 350 for labor what do you think
Mercedes-Benz C320 4MATIC Reviews
I like this car a lot and like to learn things I can do to maintain my own vehicle. I have had my 03 c320 4matic wagon for 4 years now. I bought it with 80k on it and it now has 120k. The radiator has a defect that leaks coolant into the transmission cooler and causes the transmission to buck because of the water and glycol in the tranny fluid. Recommended fix is to get an after market radiator...
Feels like I got a lemon car. I bought the car when it had 46 thousand miles on it. When I hit 60 thousand everything started to go wrong at once. The rear sun visor motor burned out, the air flow sensor went bad (caused my car to not be drivable), both front axle inside boots sheared off, both control joints went bad (causing the car to wander extremely to each side while turning to the point ...
So far, so good. Except for a rather flimsy, hard plastic door handle for the front doors, everything else is first class. Comfortable, yet sporty ride, durable construction, reliable engine.