Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC
- Broken Stepper Motor Actuating Arm May Cause Clicking Noise From Behind Dash
- Wire Connector on Transmission May Leak Fluid and Damage Control Module
- Inside Grab Handles/Upholstery/Door Trim Panels May Delaminate
- Worn Sway Bar Link Joints Causing Knocking Over Bumps
- Check Engine Light on Due to Failed Catalytic Converter
- I've checked everywhere online and can't find a replacement cup holder. help
- my trunk cannot be unlocked from inside the vehicle.
- i have a 2004 mercedes c240. when i am parked on a hill facing up or down my car
- What is the cost to replace main transmission seal
- why wont MB go into park after driving plus not start
Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Problems
A repetitive clicking noise from behind the center area of the dash panel is usually caused by a broken stepper motor actuating arm. The actuating arm controls the direction of air flow in the climate control system. Disassembly of the center console will be required to access and change the broken arm with the updated, reinforced part.
The electrical connector at the automatic transmission may leak fluid into the wiring harness. If not repaired, the oil will migrate through the wiring harness and damage the transmission control module. A new harness and control module may be necessary to correct this problem.
Inside grab handles, the upholstery on the center console cover, and door trim panels can delaminate. Most commonly replacement of the affected part is necessary.
Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Questions
Mercedes-Benz C240 4MATIC Reviews
Have over 45K miles and have not expeirienced any major problems. I've managed to greatly reduce my maintanance expences (one half) by utilizing a local repair shop that specializes in Mercedes only but does not charge the dealer prices.
As I aged, I've dreamed of buying a car that would last and grow old with me. That's why I first purchased a Mercedes C240 in 2003. Within 18 months it had twenty-eight, yes 28 repairs, ranging from fuel gauge malfunctions to a myriad of other annoying problems; reluctantly, the service center was my second home. I traded it in, not because of the astonishing number of horrific breakdowns and r...
C240 very smooth sexy car, handle is awesome, nice smooth engine my top mph= 140mph :) i like driving fast, however the breaks wear kinda quickly i have 70k miles and my door pannel motor broke on my passenger side dont really know how, but other than that snow is awesome with 4 matic benz is the best