Mercedes-Benz 600SEL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 600SEL
- Radiators Break Due to Degradation of the Plastic Tanks and Fittings
- Bad Dampening Actuators Can Cause Rough Ride in Rear
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor Causing Erratic Engine Operation and Poor Fuel Economy
- Service Cooling System on Older Vehicles Even if Mileage is Low
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Tolker Auto Service (240) 233-2581 | 17.49mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- LXT Automotive (301) 679-7303 | 20.28mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
Mercedes-Benz 600SEL Problems
A coolant leak may develop form the Radiator due to degradation of its plastic components. Replacement of the failed radiator will be necessary.
Vehicles with automatic level control that ride harshly in the rear (no give in the suspension) may have one or both dampening actuators which have failed. It is commonly recommended the actuators be replaced in pairs.
A faulty mass air flow (MAF) sensor can cause erratic/rough engine operation and fuel economy issues. Since this sensor measures the actual amount of air entering the motor, when it fails, the engine control module (ECM) takes the wrong information and delivers incorrect volumes of fuel to the cylinders.
Mercedes-Benz 600SEL Questions
I need the location of the Resistor or Relay switch for the blower.
after leaving my car in the garage for one year, now the heating and air conditioning display will not come on(dead) and there is no way to control ac/heat althaugh if I drive it I will get hot air from vents but not regulated by the fan that I can not control due to no active display .
Just want to replace the fuel filter and don't know where it is.
Mercedes-Benz 600SEL Reviews
took battery out of the boot for replacment. Cannot open the boot again, Kindly help me with info...
Very unique car but buyer beware- it's an expensive car to maintain. If you're on a budget and not looking to have a close relationship with your friendly mechanic, this is not the car for you. Major problems include evaporator ( $3,000.00 +) and wiring harness issues ( $5,000.00+). Every 600 made before '95 will have to have the wiring harness replaced since Mercedes used a biodegradable coat...
Never had a aproblem