Mercedes-Benz 500SL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 500SL
- Bad Switch/Blower Motor Resistor Assembly May Cause Inoperative Heater Blower Motor
- Transmission Oil Seals May Leak on High Mileage Vehicles
- Hard/soft Tops May Develop Problems Due to Age
- Radiators Break Due to Degradation of the Plastic Tanks and Fittings
- Throttle Valves May Experience Electrical Failure
- My Gauges are not working Fuel, Oil, Speedometer, tachometer and odometer also
- reverse boost battery, ABS light is on and eng. hard to start
- boost battery reverse abs light is on, eng.hard to starts
- fuel line leaking just behind drivers door , cost of replacement?
- I have aproblem restarting my 91 sl500
Mercedes-Benz 500SL Problems
Other than a defective motor, a bad switch or blower motor resistor assembly can cause an inoperative heater blower motor.
High mileage vehicles may develop a transmission fluid leak from one or more of the oil seals.
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
Mercedes-Benz 500SL Questions
the Vacuum Gauge that tells miles per gallon.. all just stopped at one time could it be a fuse ? Only the temperature Gauge is working.
mercedes 500 sl how do you stop the hazzard light for the convertible bar
it just started and the light switch does not work for the automatic top
mysteriously on & off , all different time frames ,,, also when car is on ' then was stopping for weeks , now seems to be constant !!! i changed the headlight switch thinking it had to do with european funcions to the left of dial switch , but to no avail , i am stumpped aswell as alot of...
Mercedes-Benz 500SL Recalls
Mercedes-Benz 500SL Reviews
Seriously awesome car. One of the last real Mercedes before the cost cutting accountants and Crysler took over. Feels like its made out of a piece of stone, the quality is awesome and it's seriously quick. I've had Bentleys, Porsches and tuned Sierra Cosworths and this is as good as any of them. The only problem is that it is a total money pit. Parts are really expensive and it's a very com...
Bought this car from Mercedes dealership in Omaha about a year ago and love it. Certified mileage 27,400 and the vehicle is in mint condition inside and out. The sticker price of $99,750 in 1992 came as a shock and is the reason why this baby performs and looks like a world class sports car. The only problem that I have is the fact that this 500SL spends most of its time in my garage, which i...
I have been a Mercedes Benz Owner since The Early 196'0 And I can not Fault The Quality of The Mercedes, This is the first Mercedes SL 500 Convertable, that I now own, amongst 2 other Mercs which I currently own, I Find The SL 500 lots of fun to Drive, and highly recommend the Vehicle to any-one who belives in SAFE PRESTIGE MOTORING. It is a Great Car/Roadster.it Performs when you require it to...