Mercedes-Benz 500SL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 500SL
- Bad Switch/Blower Motor Resistor Assembly May Cause Inoperative Heater Blower Motor
- Hard/soft Tops May Develop Problems Due to Age
- Transmission Oil Seals May Leak on High Mileage Vehicles
- Cracked strut tower bushings may cause knocking noise on front end
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Am told need either fuel distributor and/or one or more injectors
- Convertible top hydraulic problems
- Where is the module located that works the anti-owing security on 1993 500SL
- Approx. cost to replace drive belt and drive belt tensioner
- I have a 1985 Mercedes 500sec and I'm getting no power when I push the gas pedal
Mercedes-Benz 500SL Problems
Other than a defective motor, a bad switch or blower motor resistor assembly can cause an inoperative heater blower motor.
As vehicles age, various problems may develop with the hard and soft tops. If problems are encountered, it would be recommended to have a technician familiar with these tops perform the diagnoses.
High mileage vehicles may develop a transmission fluid leak from one or more of the oil seals.
Mercedes-Benz 500SL Questions
starting to squeak on acceleration. tension unit is broken
I jet don't trst that place where I went...my only complaint then was the hesitation so they fix a gasket that cost me around $2,000 and 2 distributor caps and EH which costed me $348.00 alone
Mercedes-Benz 500SL Recalls
Mercedes-Benz 500SL Reviews
Seriously awesome car. One of the last real Mercedes before the cost cutting accountants and Crysler took over. Feels like its made out of a piece of stone, the quality is awesome and it's seriously quick. I've had Bentleys, Porsches and tuned Sierra Cosworths and this is as good as any of them. The only problem is that it is a total money pit. Parts are really expensive and it's a very com...
As our family (kids and grandkids) walked out of the local pizza restaurant, we passed a red 500 SL. My husband and I have been shopping to replace a 96 mini van with 280,000 miles on it, and have looked and tried about every car out there. Go for gas mileage? comfort? But imagine his surprise when we gave him a set of keys and told him it was his! He is in heaven, and I will drive that min...
Bought this car from Mercedes dealership in Omaha about a year ago and love it. Certified mileage 27,400 and the vehicle is in mint condition inside and out. The sticker price of $99,750 in 1992 came as a shock and is the reason why this baby performs and looks like a world class sports car. The only problem that I have is the fact that this 500SL spends most of its time in my garage, which i...