Mercedes-Benz 420SEL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 420SEL
- Bad Switch/Blower Motor Resistor Assembly May Cause Inoperative Heater Blower Motor
- Stuck Idle Air Compensator May Cause Too High/Too Low RPM
- Replace timing chains/guides every 100,000 miles
- Rubber boot connecting throttle body to intake manifolds may crack
- Shifter Lever Bushings May Break Causing Loose Feel/Noise
- I put in key and start, but steering and transmission stay locked
- I have a gasoline engine. With in a minute or two after I start my car it would just die It will start back up.Just does it some times. Started about 8 months ago. It's getting worse more often and getting harder to start make up. what could be causing it
- what is the voltage supposed to be on the fuel pumps
- The alarm of my mercedes benz 420SEL goes of at random times.
- my car will start but wont stay cranked its getting fuel so what could be wrong
Mercedes-Benz 420SEL Problems
Other than a defective motor, a bad switch or blower motor resistor assembly can cause an inoperative heater blower motor.
It is not uncommon for the idle air compensator to get stuck in one position, resulting in the engine idle speed (rpm) being too high or too low. Replacement of the failed compensator may be necessary to correct this concern.timing chain and timing chain guides wear; they should be replaced every 100,000 miles.
Mercedes-Benz 420SEL Questions
as soon as the car run the abs ligth in the dash goes on. in reverse the car don't do that
1986 Mercedes 420SEL. Have slight vibration coming from rear end.
Mercedes-Benz 420SEL Reviews
great car!! still a head turner after almost 20years.. have owned my 91 420sel now for 5 years and still performs, looks, handles and drives like brand new with only 150k...maintenance can be costly..GREAT Highway cruiser..no cup holders :( .. last of the big(long) dinosaurs..
what other automobile would you even consider that has 150k miles and still cost $5k or better..and get a consistent thumbs up!
THE HANDLING REALLY NICE THE VENT DOES NOT OPENING TOOK ME FOR AWHILE TO GET AC ON ALMOST 1991 S CLASS HAVING PROBLEM WITH CRUISE CONTROL SWITCH IT'S DOESN'T WORKING SOME TIMES DOES.I'VE GOT BAD FUEL PUMP ON BOTH LEAKING TO REPLACED COST ME $500.000.