Mercedes-Benz 400SE Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 400SE
- Insulation Degrades on Engine Wiring Harness and Leaves Conductors Exposed
- Closing Assist/Door Lock Issues Due to Pneumatic System Problems
- Faulty Mass Air Flow Sensor Causing Erratic Engine Operation and Poor Fuel Economy
- Tandem Hydraulic Pumps May Leak From Either Section
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- were would the ac/heater blower motor be located at on my 1992 Mercedes 400se.
- I am trying to find were the ac/heater bolwer motor is located on my car.
- if the car overheat I let it sit for a day I think its the thermostat can I go and put water in it is started and drive it to get it home
- what is loose in steering wheel that drops at 90 degree angle?
- Going up a hill with the accelerator to the floor my car struggles?
Mercedes-Benz 400SE Problems
The engine wiring can degrade because the insulating material falls off leaving the bare wire exposed. This can cause many problems depending on which wires are exposed and what they touch.
Problems with the pneumatic system can cause closing assist and door lock issues.
A faulty mass air flow (MAF) sensor can cause erratic/rough engine operation and fuel economy issues. Since this sensor measures the actual amount of air entering the motor, when it fails, the engine control module (ECM) takes the wrong information and delivers incorrect volumes of fuel to the cylinders.
Mercedes-Benz 400SE Questions
After finally reaching level ground it then takes off. In August I had work done on the front end. This started occurring after that.
After finally reaching level ground it then takes off.
how is the driver door panel removed