Mercedes-Benz 300TE 4MATIC Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 300TE 4MATIC
- Emissions Air Injection Pumps Can Seize Up and Cause Noise/Smoke
- Replace Brake Rotors When Pads are Worn and Squeaking
- Repair Leaks From Head Gasket/Timing Cover Gasket Before Oil and Coolant Intermix
- Transmission Oil Seals May Leak on High Mileage Vehicles
- Speedometers May Fail Due to Internal Drive Gear Wear
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
Mercedes-Benz 300TE 4MATIC Problems
The emissions air injection pump can seize, causing a loud squealing noise followed by smoke from the drive belt. If the engine is not turned off, the belt will break, turning on the alternator/battery warning light.
Due to the size and material used on the brakes of these vehicles, the brakes may start to squeak around the 50 percent wear point. The brake rotor surfaces become uneven, causing a lip to form at the outer edge of the rotor. Because of this, the rotors are usually replaced when the pads are worn (pad life varies depending on driving style and terrain).
Internal and External engine oil & coolant leaks can develop from the head gasket and/or timing cover gasket; these leaks should be repaired before the engine oil and coolant intermix which can result in severe engine damage.
Mercedes-Benz 300TE 4MATIC Questions
Until It cools off,Have Replace The Coil.
How many hours of labor does this job take?
I have a 1991 300te 4-matic and need to replace the rear auto leveling shocks with regular shocks . Is there a kit that can make this job alot simpler?
Mercedes-Benz 300TE 4MATIC Reviews
I have a pristine 1990 300TE 4MATIC only 52000 original miles. The color is Green on Green and has all the records from Mercedes Benz of New Orleans. Robert Taylor is my Service Advisor. I want to sale it. If anybody is interested contact me: email@example.com
i have a 1991 300te 4matic wagon, my questions are, (a) i need to top up the suspension fluid, where can i buy and what brand and does it have part numbers? (b) how can i pull down the rear seats if that is possible? i hope you could help me with these questions, im new with this kind of car so please bear with me..
I have a black one with gray leather.Drives awesome.Put in a 92 engine,great.Not sure if the tranny drives at 4th gear because at 65 miles /hour revs at 3000. Head turner with no ac working.I have to get it fixed this week.Former owner took out 4matic because she thought it wasted the tires too fast