Mercedes-Benz 300SEL Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 300SEL
- "No start" Caused by Failed Fuel Pump/Relay
- Repair Leaks From Head Gasket/Timing Cover Gasket Before Oil and Coolant Intermix
- Bad Switch/Blower Motor Resistor Assembly May Cause Inoperative Heater Blower Motor
- Instrument Cluster, Turn Signal/Wiper Combination Switch May Fail
- Motor Mounts Fail and Cause Vibration in Body
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
Mercedes-Benz 300SEL Problems
The fuel pump and/or fuel pump relay can fail, causing the car to crank over but not start. Proper diagnoses will be necessary to confirm if the pump or relay is at fault.
Internal and External engine oil & coolant leaks can develop from the head gasket and/or timing cover gasket; these leaks should be repaired before the engine oil and coolant intermix which can result in severe engine damage.
Other than a defective motor, a bad switch or blower motor resistor assembly can cause an inoperative heater blower motor.
Mercedes-Benz 300SEL Questions
And if so is it better to buy a brand new one or is getting a rebuilt one just as good thanks and I look forward to my answer
Emer.brake switch works
no fuel is present at end of fuel line before injecter.Presure present at distributor
Mercedes-Benz 300SEL Reviews
I purchased my 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300SEL in May 2014. It is great! It was owned by one previous owner who took very good care of it. I looks great, runs great and turns many heads. It's beautiful...