Reviews for Mercedes-Benz 300E years:

Mercedes-Benz 300E Reviews and Owner Comments

Mercedes-Benz 300EOwner Reviews (16 reviews)
    Visitor, Miami, FL, June 09, 2013 23:25
    I own a Mercedes Benz 300e that I bought for my wife for $1700. At that point it had 249,000 miles on it. Before we owned it, it had been sitting for some years and had a acceleration delay issue. Once we got it back on the road I added fuel injector cleaner and drove it hard on the highway. Now the issue only appears before its fully warmed up to operating temperature. She did not want it back and after a while I ended up driving it for work (she stole my Range Rover!). I would beat on it on a regular basis but now miraculously, it drives better than ever! As a matter of fact, it will not die!!! I decided that I liked it but just couldn't get over driving a four door so I bought a 300ce in hopes that it will be just as tough but cooler being a two door coupe. We will see what happens, I'll let you know!
    Visitor, Richmond Hill, NY, October 28, 2012 12:41
    I have this Mercedes-Benz 1990 3000E all of sudden out of no were, the car was on park went to put in reverse the park car would not move! Had no signs of tranny problems at all! No leaks at all! car runs awesome until this! mileage is 168000! What could this be?
    Visitor, Fairfield, CA, October 16, 2012 16:24
    I've had my 92' 300E with the 3 liter engine for close to 15 years now and it now has 248,000 miles on it. I’ve only had the standard repairs to perform for a car of this age (radiator, alternator, belts) all self repaired/replaced. The only small annoyance is the need to add oil, about 2 quarts/month, but I've accepted it. The car still runs strong and rides well. It’s getting close to time for a replacement but it’s a tough car to replace what with its proven reliability through all the years. I'm looking at another E Class, just a bit newer. Mercedes did a good job with this class
    Visitor, Frisco, TX, July 19, 2012 05:27
    Car is very dependable when it's running. Strong engine at 170K miles, but I do find that it has a problem with the air conditioner sometimes blowing and sometimes not. It happens quite frequently. I also have noticed that it leaks transmission fluid if it sits for more than a week or so. Those are the two problems that I have encountered with this vehicle at this juncture. I love the way it handles and its heavy enough to handle the road very well. I would buy another one with less miles if it came available.
    morsonmotor, Ann Arbor, MI, April 11, 2012 17:50
    this vehicle looses spark when it warms up any ideas
    Visitor, Santa Paula, CA, March 09, 2012 11:57
    power seats will not work if doors are closed but work when any door is opened------any ideas to problem thanks
  • 1991 Mercedes-Benz 300E
    Go Bears, Sacramento, CA, February 23, 2012 11:23
    My dad gave me the keys to his 1991 300E, in 2008. He's retired now, and I think he got tired of maintaining it. I've spent several thousands to keep it on the road. I don't regret a dime I've spent. The exterior and interior condition is in great condition. It has a slight oil leak, which I've decided to leave it alone. My trusty German motor mechanic fixed the problem twice in the last 2 years. He said old cars will leak. Just had the suspension replaced at 188,000. My '91 300E is heavy and built like a tank. I love that it's low-tech, from the analog clock to the clickety-click turn signal. Owners of the new E350 sometimes honk and wave at me,approvingly, as they pass by. I have to remind myself that it's not me. It's the car.
    Visitor, Miami, FL, January 25, 2012 07:07
    i have a mercedes benz 300E 1989 when i started it works properly,but when it is on drive i stop for stop side it shake
    Visitor, Sunset, SC, December 06, 2011 10:30
    After having the car on road and driving it a lot I had to replace the original raditor belt tenisoner and alternator also last year replaced the orginal voltage regulator Love this car gets driven almost 70,000 miles a year
    Visitor, Las Vegas, NV, November 09, 2011 14:01
    My 90' 300E series only starts after i already turn it over one time so second turnover it will fire up. unless use starting fluid then we get it in the first try does anyone have any pointer or experiences with this same problem and know a few probable solutions to this. we changed the fuel regulator and about to clean the plugs. thank you very much if you can help. steveepoo912@live.com - henryhlucero@msn.com or give us a call at 702-385-4099.- office or me Steve at 702-461-4097
    Visitor, Elizabeth, NJ, July 19, 2011 08:30
    auto genial en todo
    lejune, Raleigh, NC, November 13, 2009 12:25
    Having problems with it starting in the morning when it is cold...
    elk812002, Fresno, CA, May 22, 2009 20:19
    Everything is great except when taking off at a dead stop, it tends to feel like it's not gonna make it then, wham, she takes off barks 2nd gear and goes. And that is with a striaght 6 cyl
    steelman, Auburn, IN, April 10, 2009 14:10
    117000 miles and no leaks, drips, or bad concerns. New brakes ,rotors and tires, but I am uncertain what a 120K mile maintenance should entail and cost. First time user and new Mercedes owner. Vehicle is a 300E 4Matic. Thanks in advance for any guidance.
    Porsche650, Croton On Hudson, NY, March 05, 2009 13:48
    I have a 4-matic so a bit diffrent. I love the car even with the problems it has truthfully for a car that once cost $40000+ New and still somewhat have a value and a demand for well can't really complain about it. Only issues i have is the front suspension bushings go bad prematurely especially 4matic, which also bring me to the front brakes causing vibration and squeaking after 50% spent which can be fixed by getting vented disks and good quality pad. The headgasket has been done as well which for anyone that does it no matter what a mechanic tells you you must have the head plained to make sure you have a even match or else the leak will come back. The car for the milage i have 201,000 i cannot complain because for another type of car that had the same i am sure the quality of parts would not hold up to the test of time like a 1990 Mercedes 300E.
  • 1993 Mercedes-Benz 300E
    David Sturtz, Berkeley, CA, December 29, 2008 17:12
    Great car - family owned it forever. Few problems that were not mileage-appropriate.