Mercedes-Benz 300E Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 300E
- Engine Problems Due to Distributor Cap and Rotor, Bad Ignition Wires, or Valve Cover Gasket Leaks
- High Usage Vehicles May Experience Ignition Lock and Tumbler Failures
- Interior Wood Trim Cracks Due to Age and Sun Exposure
- Speedometers May Fail Due to Internal Drive Gear Wear
- Check Belt Tensioner When Replacing Water Pump
- Flower Hill Automotive (301) 685-0948 | 19.3mi
- Coho Automotive LLC (571) 358-8099 | 19.75mi
- Scott's Specialties Inc (301) 563-9796 | 20.65mi
- Marv & Mikes Transmission & Auto Repair (301) 637-4993 | 20.98mi
- Adrenaline Automotive (301) 640-5604 | 23.16mi
- Precision Tune Auto Care (703) 468-4903 | 18.83mi
- BMW Excluservice (301) 605-9877 | 20.3mi
- Winkler Automotive Service Center (301) 258-2774 | 17.37mi
- Hillmuth Certified Automotive of Gaithersburg (301) 547-3338 | 20.09mi
- Cardinal Plaza Shell (703) 349-4624 | 22.86mi
Mercedes-Benz 300E Problems
A rough running motor or lack of power can be caused by a failed distributor cap or rotor, ignition wires (or their resistors), or valve cover gasket leaks. If the valve cover gasket leaks, oil can pool where the ignition wire resistor connects to the spark plug. The resistor can fail and the spark plug may not fire because of a short circuit through the oil.
Due to wear, high usage vehicles can experience ignition lock and tumbler failures. The ignition lock cylinder will generally require replacement to correct this concern.
Due to age and sun exposure, the interior wood trim cracks and the finish gets a cloudy haze. Replacement if the trim would be the most common solution to the problem.
Mercedes-Benz 300E Questions
Problem mostly occurs after driving for about 15 - 20 minutes.On Freeway the transmission will go into third gear and stay there, sometimes second gear. ATF is clean and at level. Any help would be appreciated.
i can turn the key of the trunk and lock or open the car doors but the trunk will not open
Mercedes-Benz 300E Reviews
Having problems with it starting in the morning when it is cold...
Everything is great except when taking off at a dead stop, it tends to feel like it's not gonna make it then, wham, she takes off barks 2nd gear and goes. And that is with a striaght 6 cyl
I have this Mercedes-Benz 1990 3000E all of sudden out of no were, the car was on park went to put in reverse the park car would not move! Had no signs of tranny problems at all! No leaks at all! car runs awesome until this! mileage is 168000! What could this be?