Mercedes-Benz 190E Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mercedes-Benz 190E
- have a 1985 190E Mercedes. I need to replace the alternator and do not know how
- The door locks is making a seeping noise like air escaping when I open the trunk
- Hi i hawe mercedes-benz 190e 2.3 engine how can i instal a compressor from c220
- After driving 5 to 10 miles the car doesn't respond to the accelerator.
- How do I prepare (note timing marks)to remove the head on a 2.3 8 valve engine
Mercedes-Benz 190E Problems
Internal and External engine oil & coolant leaks can develop from the head gasket and/or timing cover gasket; these leaks should be repaired before the engine oil and coolant intermix which can result in severe engine damage.
One or more door windows may stop working due to a failed window regulator. Replacement of the failed regulator will be necessary to correct this concern.
High mileage vehicles may develop a transmission fluid leak from one or more of the oil seals.
Mercedes-Benz 190E Questions
THERE IS NOTHING ON THE INTERNET to go by and local mechanics have not worked on one as old as mine?!?
Mercedes-Benz 190E Reviews
I bought the car, 1989 190E 2.6, with 100K miles about 6 months ago off Craigslist. It wasn't running but it was very inexpensive and cosmetically excellent. The owner before me drove it home from work one day, 2 1/2 years ago and it quit and he left it in the driveway. I paid the $500 he was asking and towed her home. This is what she needed and I did all the work myself: New Battery-$60 New...
This car has been a joy to own. Transmission went at 120,000 miles and there have been a few minor electrical problems, but overall it's been great. At 180,000 miles my A/C is out and I need advice on what to fix.
My car starts but will not stay started. Today I was trying to start it and the master cylinder backfired. Please advise Thanks, Tommu Lee