Both sides Valve cover gasket leaks 1 drop@time but never have to add oil & gets 500mi/tank long-distance. Can't sit w/engine running in cold weather anymore due to stink & smoke. Will need to replace at some point soon - repairpal.com says under $400 in North Carolina? Why difference? Why does New York mechanic say he'll basically have to take engine apart to get to this gasket=high cost? Thanks.
Mech. in NY estimated $900+ for valve cover gasket replcmnt-North Carolina co$t? on 1998 Toyota Camry
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Camry Questions
- Automatic Transmission. I have reverse only. Drive does not light up only L & 2.
- car is running hardly by 40mph even if i accelerating it much and stopped it.
- display does not show outside temperature
- How much money to invest in older camry for repairs?
- Transmission changes gears on it's own, high back to low
1998 Toyota Camry Estimates
- Thermostat Replacement ($136 - 188) in Frohna, MO
- Ignition Switch Replacement (Electrical) ($129 - 275) in Upson, WI
- Air Filter Replacement ($60 - 89) in Pierceton, IN
- Brake Booster Replacement ($404 - 1,236) in Byrdstown, TN
- Engine Mount Replacement ($251 - 269) in Section, AL
- Drive Axle Assembly Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Falls City, OR