Mazda Millenia Reviews

Mazda Millenia Reviews and Owner Comments

I owned this car in late '00 now can't believe as of today on 5/7/2015 my Mazda clocked over 250,000 miles with the original engine and tranny...Has received all good maintenance when I first purchased it new. The car still looks good inside and out no cosmetic problems seats are comfortable as features are very outstanding. Took 3 hour trips never once felt too exhausted so happy driving this car love my Millenia. Overall she rides like a dream still not even closed compared to my Volvo didn't ride this smooth as my Mazda. Interior materials are great look very expensive has Original Bose stereo with 6 disc CD changer lots of power from engine...performance is adequate it gets good gas mileage well worth value...Didn't do much to car only thing be a shortcoming be brakes doesn't last longer they require an replacement every 2-3years but still the car is overall reliable. I've got all serviced records looks top of the line with factory exterior white/two tone gold paint with Premium model...2.3 Supercharged is the best ever under hood of car took very excellent cared of my car she is the best while running great in excellent shape.
Bought my Millenia S with the Miller engine new in 1999. Excellent performance and stylish design still make this vehicle a joy to drive. Had to replace the supercharger (not cheap !) in year 11, and also had some vacuum control issues around the same time. Other than the oxygen sensors, everything else has stood the test of time.
I have a 2002 Mazda Millenia a very reliable car never put expensive repairs on it. I have noticed has few flaws because of car aging got a strong engine 115,000 miles. Mazda rides mint, love the car did noticed some rust spots on muffler guess coming from having snow and other weather conditions very comfortable. It does get good maintenance been a good car I have no other mechanical issues with my Millenia couldn't be happier with this car love it. I am planning to drive until another 20,000 miles all electronics works well in this car.
$8K and have had it for almost 3 years.....only real issue was to replace the thermostat...rides like a dream on new tires..... turbo is great....holds a sheen and great looks after every washing.....can't believe it's 11 years old.....
im aj just inherrited the 2001 mazda mellenia type s my grandmother owned the car for 10 years and no really big repairs just your usual like tune ups tires ect but....i just put about 1000 us dollers in to this machine is a good car all around but its real pricy is it worth it?????
My gas gauge seems to be stuck?? Keeps telling me i have a full tank of gas? 140,000 miles on s-series
Through 130,000 miles, I have only had 1 minor problem -- a seized brake caliper. It's a very dependable and stylish looking car. Even after 11 years, she looks better in appearance than 90% of the other cars. Timeless elegance. The drive train is 4 * as the car will shift abruptly when in slow speeds, like negotiating a parking garage. The suspension as 3 * as the car develops squeaks in the suspension with age. unless you do a $700 link change.
This car is really nice it was easy to get it looking like new again..! the interior is in excellent shape ... the body is beautiful... and it drives like a dream the only thing Im a little disappointed with the gas mileage, but this is before we have the oil changed because it does need to be , we just purchased it.... privately owned .....but didnt have much to do to this car when we got it.. I believe anyone that gets this yr and model will be overall happy and yes it is loaded leather power everything and just a dream , she is white.....I was surprised to take an hrs drive to look at her and drive her for the first time...and then buy her....gonna get a tune up and go from there !!
I love this car; the only thing has been the price/availability of parts. Service is expensive-engine is tough to work on. This car has 215K and other than a bad distributor ($200), it has run fine, starts up every time and runs nicely. I have the check engine light issue just like so many others but if you take care of the little things when they are small, the car will love you back. Change the oil and follow the service intervals in the manual and you will be fine. This car surprised me how comfortable it is to drive nice leather and wood accents. I am the second owner and we both have taken good care of it. not one spot of rust and only i rip (repaired for $3) in the interior. She drinks about 27 mpg on the highway; I'm getting like 19-21 in stop-n-go.
Have an '02 going on a year now and could be happier but for 92K and $7000 I'm a bit surprised at the luxury and performance I get out of this used car. Just a few quirks electronically to work out like the air bag light blinks Morris code every now and then but never stays on and only does it on occasion and the steering wheel incline motor is shot (at least its in the most comfortable spot and not like a bus driver mode, thanks God, but other than that its cherry.
my car has 212,000 miles and I just had to get my engine seals replaced (head gasket).other than that my car has been wonderful.I also just got a new paint job and wheels, man you should see the heads turning
This has been the best car I have ever owned and I've owned many. I now have 222,000 miles on it. It runs great, I get a consistant 26 miles per gallon combined and it doesn't use any fluids. The only reason I am considering another car is that it now has body rust around the rear wheel. It hasn't needed any major repairs. It has had the check engine light issue but, I find it is easily fixed by using some injector cleaner. What a great car!
I know you are out there, Milenium owners with 2.3l supercharged equipped engines, downstream O2 codes, new O2's, still setting codes, new converters, still setting codes. I fought this battle for a year and a half trying to get the car inspected. There are two causes for this condition I believe. First obvious is bad converter(s). I had mine "flowed" or tested at the dealer ($85) after I installed a new aftermarket O2 sensor. They said the converters were OK, or about 75%. I didn't feel the justification of the expensive converter pipe(s). I bought and installed a second rear downstream O2, this time from the dealer. Apparently, the factory rear downstream O2 sensor is "overly sensitive", or defective from the get-go. New superseded Mazda unit replaces defective original Mazda O2 part #. Replacing the NEW Aftermarket sensor($84, based on the 1st overly-sensitive Mazda design) with Mazda's new and improved sensor($168)worked for 2 weeks, long enough to get a valid NYS inspection sticker. Hello ck engine light Again. . . The second cause is due to mileage. The supercharger's oil seals/engine's piston rings on a higher mileage engine allow a bit too much oil/power stroke blow-by to squeak by into the exhaust stream's sensitive O2 sensors, "fouling" them out, tripping a Ck Eng light code. This can also thin your oil out prematurely between oil change intervals. Go to NAPA. Ask for Sea Foam. Follow the directions,(add to fuel tank/or inject into intake stream while running) Drive the car. Feel the difference, ck eng light turns off for about 2-3 weeks. Buy another can of Sea Foam ($8). repeat as necessary. Car has been fine without replacing the converters, needing a can of Sea Foam treatment about every 3rd tank of gas for the last 5 months now. Sea Foam cleans the dirty O2 sensors(witch are brand new, but oil fouled) so that they can properly read and feedback the exhaust content to the car's computer (ECM) to make air/fuel ratio changes required on the fly for todays' strict emission monitoring and requirements. I found the $8 can of Sea Foam to be an attractive solution compared to a complete engine tear down and new over-sized piston ring fitment, or worse yet, new over-sized pistons & rings, machine work to make them fit, engine gasket kit, reassembley . . .$$$ , and little or no factory support of information for the Dealerships (or willingness to repair the problem). Alternatively, the dealership can "re-flash" the ECM, eliminating the downstream O2 trigger code (not really fixing the problem just eliminating the trigger to turn on the ck engine light for this specific code). this cost more than I was willing to spend. :) - Just thought I would add that the light has been off now for close to a month. Outside of this 1 problem (not really the cars' fault), I have been very impressed with the build quality,fit & finish, and overall feeling of luxury while owning this car. Tough to service though, shops will charge more $ to work on due to unfamilarity and many parts are only available from Mazda.
My Millenia S, while not well taken care of by the previous owner, still has turned out to be a good car.