Mazda Miata MX-5 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Mazda Miata MX-5
- Ticking Noise From Valve Lash Adjusters Due to Infrequent Oil Changes
- Check Engine Light Due to Improperly Manufactured Threads on Fuel Filler Pipe
- Valve Cover Gasket May Fail and Leak Oil onto Spark Plug Wires
- Clutch Slave Cylinder May Develop Leaks
- Warped Flywheel May Cause Shudder When Vehicle is in Reverse
- My miata temp gauge goes hot at high rpm when weather is above 80
- My auto trans is using fluid, no external leaks. Is a vacuum modulator or electr
- water temperature gauge works intermittently
- When accelerating between 30 and 40 the whole car starts vibrating really bad. If I let of the gas it stops. Sometimes when it is put in drive or reverse there is a clanking noise but most of the time it's really smooth.
- What causes bad vibration when accelerating to 30 to 40. Whole car shakes.
Mazda Miata MX-5 Problems
A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.
Some models may have a problem where the Check Engine light illuminates indicating an improperly tightened fuel cap. Due to improperly manufactured threads on the fuel filler pipe, the filler pipe may need to be replaced.
Mazda Miata MX-5 Questions
dosn't over heat new radiator, hoses, thermostat n coolant no water pump leaks no check engine light desplays.... Purchased n indiana live n texas....when drop rpms temp goes to normal...
or electric shift
water temperature gauge mostly does not work. However, when I hit a bump in the road, it occasionally comes back to life to provide a good reading. As the bumps in the road continue, it starts to twitch and then go back to zero. I've tried replacing the gauge, the full instrument cluster, ...
Mazda Miata MX-5 Recalls
If the driver's airbag were to deploy in an extremely low ambient temperature, the bolt attaching the horn contact assembly to the steering wheel hub may fail. Should this occur, the horn assembly may separate and could injure the driver. Dealers will replace the driver's front airbag to correct this concern. The Mazda recall number is 3906C.
The heat generated by a fog light bulb can cause the socket holder to be pushed rearward in the light casing. This, in combination with the normal vibration during vehicle operation, can cause the bulb holder to separate from the light casing. Should this occur, the bulb socket and harness can drop inside the bumper and possibly result in the bumper being burned by the hot bulb. Dealers will install a spring to prevent the socket holder from separating from the lamp case. The Mazda recall number is 1103F.
Mazda Miata MX-5 Reviews
As the former owner of half a dozen British sports cars, I came across a great deal on a high mileage slightly beat up Mazda Miata. What a surprise! After doing several minor repairs and catching up on neglected maintenance by the previous owner I started to drive and enjoy my Miata more and more. I asked myself the question do I want to work on my British cars during the week so I could drive...
My 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata is my fifth Miata in 10 years. Every time Mazda upgraded the car, I traded up. The Mazdaspeed has a turbocharged engine, numerous suspension upgrades, and other go-faster goodies. It was sold in limited numbers for 2004 and 2005, and in special colors. Every Miata I've owned has been almost flawless in terms of reliability. My 2001 had a transmission issue fixed under...
We have low mileage on this car, around 5000 at this time. Everything has worked great so far and have had no problems with it. We have the retractable hard top and love it. Gas mileage is around 30 to 34 highway.