Reviews for Mazda B2500 years:

Mazda B2500 Reviews and Owner Comments

Mazda B2500Owner Reviews (12 reviews)
    bob5440, Center Line, MI, December 21, 2012 00:05
    I had a 1995 Mazda B2000 that my brother gave me,, and drove basically around the United States,,had almost 300,000 on it when I was pulling into Oklahoma City, from Detroit. 5 miles out of town, hit a 10 point buck that ran in front of it and totaled it! now, I am am a city guy. this is the bible belt, the hood flew up. I stuck my head out the window to steer in HEAVY traffic, and managed to pull over. behind me me, were some concerned (bible belt) citizens, and stopped to check up on me, as they had seen what happened.. when I started saying wtf, u got to be f$^kin kidding me! hell no!!! they briefly got the words out of their mouth "are you alright?" when they turned around, got back in their car, and locked the doors! lmao! I told you that story, to tell you this one,, I have a job that makes me drive about 30 miles a day(15 each way).. and blew up a 2005 chevy malibu,blew the head gasket, had a ford 2004 ford windstar die (unkown problem),, then bought a 1998 Mazda B2500 with rust around the back wheel wells, 5 speed manual,4 cyl,nothing special. my gas payment is about 50 bucks every 2-3 weeks! can't be happier, I just need the rear wheel-wells fixed, the air conditioner relay needs to be replaced,(cheap) I have a fiberglass bed cover, that has warped some,and the pneumatic lifters for the cover are shot! and the lock is broke,, prob $200.00 bucks just for that! so I will apply that to a Gem-Top!
  • 2000 Mazda B2500
    Visitor, Fairfax, VA, November 05, 2012 10:18
    Hi. My little groovy green truck has been absolutely wonderful for me. I bought it in graduate school after having a very bad accident where I totaled a 1988 Mazda pick up. I figured if that model saved my life that a new one would be just as good. Having had it since 325 miles, it now has 138,500 miles. The only major issue was the alternator burnt out and stopped me in my tracks. I know these trucks run forever, but I'm just wondering what issues I may be facing in the future. My truck doesn't have 4WD. Even though I plan to keep my truck, I've been debating on getting a second vehicle, either a Jeep wrangler unlimited or an Audi A4 convertible for the AWD/4WD capabilities and fun in the sun. If any of you have any advice or feedback, I'd be very happy to receive it from other Mazda truck owners. Thank you.
    Visitor, Quitman, MS, July 11, 2012 22:51
    bought my truck used with 165k miles on it. had it since 2005. only major thing ive had to do to it was replace the clutch. doing the regular maintance like oil change and etc..... been to pa nc tx just all over the us. it has 350000 miles on it now and iam still not scared to get in it now and head out on a long trip. great truck
    Visitor, Owens Cross Roads, AL, December 25, 2011 02:04
    Bought my B2500 new in 2000 (it is a 1999 model). I was still in college but about to graduate. I have taken care of this truck, getting the oil changed every 3 months or so and the only problem I have had was the alternator started to fault when the truck was 3 years old. I replaced it and everything has operated like it should. It has 158,000 miles on it and I drive it 4 times a week to work which is 44 miles round trip.
    Visitor, Orlando, FL, November 02, 2011 05:43
    I bought my '99 B2500 in 2003 with 53K miles. I drove it from Orlando to Cape Canaveral everyday (100 mile round trip) for 7 years. I now work back in Orlando and the truck has 240K miles on it and still runs and looks like new. My wife is on me to trade it and get a new truck but I'm keeping it till the wheels fall off.
    Visitor, Oakboro, NC, October 14, 2011 03:25
    I can't complain. I bought it new in 1998. Has served me well, I am replacing the starter, the only major problem I have had. My Bmw transmission just went out so I am back to my trusty truck again.
  • 2001 Mazda B2500
    Visitor, Dallas, TX, July 04, 2011 09:01
    10 years old and runs like its new. I replaced the battery a year ago, other than that everything is fine. The "check engine" light came on yesterday (I almost fainted) but I put a quart of oil in it, came online to check that dis-connect and re-connect battery would re-set the light. It stays off.
    Visitor, Satellite Beach, FL, March 12, 2011 13:59
    I bought it new in 98 and besides 8 sets of tires, 2 batteries, 3 alternators, timing belt, 3 lower ball joints, 2 upper joints, 3 tune ups, and oil change every 3-5 thousand miles this truck served us well. I have over 202,000 miles and would not trade it. I will admit there are a few quirks like leaking passenger side floor, knocking with cheap gas, grinding noise shifting to 3rd, but never left me stranded. Its starting to rust since its a beach car and never seen a garage......I'll drive it till the wheels fall off it.
    lanechaffin, Temple, TX, September 18, 2010 20:35
    My only complaint is that it leaks on the passenger side floor board. I think some of it was coming in from the 3rd brake light, but I caulked it with silicone and water still gets in. Not a major problem and something I could probably solve if I looked a little harder. But the truck has been great at 11 years old. Both my kids have wrecked it- my daughter drove it into a stump and my boy drove it through a fence and it is tough as nails still going strong. Another thing, mine has had a tendency to knock with regular since it was new- I run mid-grade so it won't knock, get 25 mpg. Motor has been very dependable. I have only cleaned the IAC and replaced the blower resistor
    Visitor, Terry, MS, May 18, 2010 12:08
    Excellent vehicle. At 160,000 plus miles it still runs excellent and quiet. Owned for 10 years and haven't had any problems until now in which I am replacing the timing belt. It is noninterference which means that I won't encounter additional motor problems.
  • 2000 Mazda B2500
    Visitor, Starkville, MS, April 14, 2010 06:49
    This truck is great, 10 years old but still runs like new.
    wheelje, Hanover, PA, May 28, 2009 10:46
    My first pickup ever, and after 188,000 miles I can say it's decent. You'll want stronger shocks than the OEM ones--try Bilsteins. Ride has always been stiff. Strong engine, nice interior, still mid-20's mpg. Had new clutch at 165,000--also broke 1 sway bar link in suspension. New lower ball joints at 185,000. Not all that bad for 11 year old truck with such high miles.