Mazda B2300 Reviews

Mazda B2300 Reviews and Owner Comments

I've owned this truck for over 13 years, having bought it from a local dealer. It now has over 225K miles on it and still running strong, although the head gasket had to be replaced recently due to my carelessness in monitoring the coolant level. I also replaced the clutch myself about 8 years ago - it was due, having been put thru some heavy hill use where the clutch had been used to "hold" the vehicle at a stop while facing uphill (that practice has since been discontinued). I highly recommend this rig as long as you don't plan on hauling large loads up and down heavy grades - the 4-cylinder just doesn't have the poop to haul REALLY heavy loads. However, if you don't mind having to slow down/shift down, you'll get there eventually even if you overload it! If folks aren't aware, this is the EXACT same vehicle as a Ford Ranger, which is spoken of in glowing terms by the millions of people who own and swear by (and not AT) them.
I have a 2002 mazda b2300 that has I think is the alarm that comes with it and yesterday I couldnt get it running it sound it like a the battery died butthe radio was good my front lights didnt not turn on but I tried jumping cables and it turn on what can ot be??
im having trouble diagnosing a problem, the engine at idle roughs real rough sumtimes backfires, i sprayed the intake and it had a air leak so i replaced the gaskets but it is still doing the same. check engine light is on for miss fire i replaced plugs, my question is has anyone with this type of vehicle have the same type problem? i am asking before i do more expenvise diagnosis procedures any help?
I've owned several Ford Rangers and was looking for a 4 cyl 5 speed. Found it to be a Mazda b2300 and bought it. Having trouble with the cruise control working, checked fuse and brake switch. Any suggestions? Tony
My mother has had this truck since i was six. She used it to haul news papers around for about 7 years. There has been almost no problems with it. It was recently passed on to me and I've been driving it for a few months now. So far the only problem I've had is that the gas gauge is bipolar. Besides that its an amazing truck. Its small but can haul a lot of weight. I love it and i wouldn't trade it for anything.
I have driven this truck for over 10 years and it has been the best vehicle, I have ever owned. I have little to no problems with it. I have only had to change oxygen sensors and now I need clutch work.
OK truck,had to rebuild front end,not shifting smoothly,misses at first start up,needs to warm up.BUT it tows my boat very well.good gas mileage -24 to 28 mpg.has not left me on the side of the road yet.if i took the time to fix all the little problems it would be an awesome truck.
260k , totaled by the insurance co, and still going strong! Can't wait to get to 500k! Great truck!
I have really enjoyed this truck. It is a steal for the money, and it is super reliable, easy to work on, and generally cheap to fix. Steering constantly feels loose (even after new steering box), but hey, it's a truck from '94. Also, the truck feels very light and floaty sometimes, but again, that is what I expected out of this lightweight truck. Great gas mileage, even with bigger tires installed! (235/75/15)
I must agree with's the best vehicle i have ever had and i have kept it the longest...its a 94 and I'm pretty sure it still has the same clutch assembly...which would probably be the reason I am having to change it tryin to find instructions on how to do it and what tools i will need...if you have any help facebook me Garion Brooks or email me
great little truck a little light tho
Great truck. One time hose clamp broke at 65K. Tires and and front brake pads at 82k. At a 107k I just installed a serp. belt and will change all the fluids and grease front bearing. Have a fuel shut-off issue when I hit rough roads, but I reset it and starts right up. No error codes from the PCM. I'll figure it out. Lots of heavy snow and rain this season, maybe just a corroded connector. Can't complain at all. Ford has always built their Rangers well!!
Exellent truck, just have problems with emission pump. Great for hauling Dirt Bike! Tires are a bitch to find!
Very reliable.. However, there is a constant rattling noise as if a shock absorber is going out. I can not determine where exactly the sound is coming from. Also, first gear disengages/pops out sometimes when releasing clutch.
Best little truck every ............