2008 Mazda Mazda6 Problem Reports

Newest 2008 Mazda Mazda6 Problem Reports

Mazda issued an emissions recall due to a problem with the Swirl Shutter Valve; this would cause the Check Engine light to illuminate.

I went in for an oil change today at the Mazda dealership and was told that I had a battery cable corrosion issue. My service rep told me the cable wires that attach to the battery are corroded and that I would need to replace them with a new wiring harness as soon as possible. Due to this problem, I also need a new battery. The estimated cost is $600. The service rep said at any time the cables could snap causing the car to completely sto...

A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.

Some models may have a problem with stalling under light acceleration. Updated software for the powertrain control module (PCM) is available which may help with this concern.