2003 Mazda Mazda6 Problem Reports

Newest 2003 Mazda Mazda6 Problem Reports

I went in for an oil change today at the Mazda dealership and was told that I had a battery cable corrosion issue. My service rep told me the cable wires that attach to the battery are corroded and that I would need to replace them with a new wiring harness as soon as possible. Due to this problem, I also need a new battery. The estimated cost is $600. The service rep said at any time the cables could snap causing the car to completely sto...

The engine may overheat due to erratic engine cooling fan operation as a result of a faulty cooling fan control module. Replacement of the fan control module would be necessary to correct this condition. Our technicians tell us the Mazda may provide assistance with the cost of this repair.

A loud ticking noise (hydraulic valve lifter noise) may be heard from the top of the engine, particularly when the engine is still cold. The noise may occur more frequently on higher mileage vehicles; Hydraulic valve lash adjusters may need to be replaced to correct this issue. Following the maintenance schedule for oil changes will also help prevent a recurrence of the noise.

Mazda recalled certain models due a problem that could cause the fog light bulb to fall out of the fog light assembly. The repair involved inspecting the fog lights and installing a spring clip to prevent the light bulb from falling out.