Manifold Absolute Pressure (MAP) Sensor
The MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor reads the pressure (both positive and negative) in the intake manifold and transmits this data to the engine control computer.
Interested in replacing your MAP sensor? Find out the MAP sensor replacement cost.
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Check Engine Light may come on and set a MAP sensor code
- Engine may run roughly or hesitate
- Poor engine power
- Poor fuel economy
- Excessive tail pipe smoke
Related Repair Advice
- Due to erratic changes in engine vacuum resulting from a poor running engine, an erroneous MAP sensor code may be set
- Failure to check the MAP sensor vacuum lines, MAP sensor electrical circuit, and the engine mechanical condition may result in a failed repair attempt when diagnosing the MAP sensor