maniflod gasket on 1998 Ford Explorer

I need a manifold gasket replaced. How much should that cost and how long should they have it> Also is it safe to drive if I keep an eye out for the antifreeze and gauges?

by in Bellbrook, OH on April 14, 2009
Get Your Car Fixed at a RepairPal Certified Shop.
We certify shops based on expertise, quality work, and verified customer reviews
1 answer
ANSWER by , April 30, 2009
On this motor neither the intake or exhaust manifolds have coolant passages, so if you have an overheating problem, you need to diagnose that. On the SOHC motor the intake manifold seals would leak causing poor cold driveability or check engine light on with P0171 or P0174 fault codes present. You should be able to drive it until you have the repair done, given the rest of the engine and its' systems are functioning properly. Good luck.