Lube place changed my oil and 180 miles later it had lost 3 qts. Brought back and they "discovered" crack in oil pan about 3 inches long starting from outer ridge of bung hole. Stated that it was NOT done by them. Pan is not rusted at all, They repaired it with JB weld but I dont trust it. How much would it cost to replace oil pan, are they available new for my 1997 and Could there be any other explanation than they over torqued the bolt and cracked the bunghole?
Lube place changed my oil and now my oil pan has crack on 1997 Honda Accord
Asked by for the 1997 Honda Accord
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- Engine light illuminated intermittently.
- What would cause the engine to start and then cut-off after warming?
- Oil pan removal, i have all the bolts off, stuck on the automatic tranny cover,
- How do I remove a screw that fell into the steering column?
- My check engine light is on after replacing the plugs, ignition coils anf EGR
1997 Honda Accord Estimates
- Brake Drum Replacement ($253 - $425) in French Lick, IN
- Windshield Washer Pump Replacement ($108 - $135) in Idledale, CO
- Sway Bar End Link Replacement - Front ($96 - $125) in Springfield, MA
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($325 - $543) in Oglethorpe, GA
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($274 - $336) in Centenary, SC
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($58 - $80) in West Hartland, CT