Lube place changed my oil and 180 miles later it had lost 3 qts. Brought back and they "discovered" crack in oil pan about 3 inches long starting from outer ridge of bung hole. Stated that it was NOT done by them. Pan is not rusted at all, They repaired it with JB weld but I dont trust it. How much would it cost to replace oil pan, are they available new for my 1997 and Could there be any other explanation than they over torqued the bolt and cracked the bunghole?
Lube place changed my oil and now my oil pan has crack on 1997 Honda Accord
Asked by for the 1997 Honda Accord
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Accord Questions
- My Honda started overheating and leaking coolant from somewhere behind my engine what can it possibly be
- How much does it cost to replace a passenger door
- why does my car shake like the wheels are about to fall off. whats the problem?
- Replaced low beam bulb and connector, passenger side. Trouble shooting what next
- What size wrench is needed for oil drain plug? And where is oil filter located ?
1997 Honda Accord Estimates
- Brake Rotor Replacement ($292 - 485) in French Lick, IN
- Electrical System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Idledale, CO
- Valve Adjustment ($145 - 213) in Springfield, MA
- Oil Pump Replacement ($702 - 961) in Oglethorpe, GA
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($267 - 1,068) in Centenary, SC
- Fuel Tank Replacement ($704 - 1,698) in West Hartland, CT