back in the summer my vans water pump started leakingand my van overheated, i replaced the coolant and drove about 15 miles home. i replaced the water pump and thermostat and everthing was fine. a few weeks later i started having a problem with low rpm's and odd shifting of the transmission, when you drive you can be traveling at a steady speed and the rpms will start to increase but the van's speed won't, you can increase the gas the rpms will increase like the van is in netural. when the rpms increase the van learch forward and then will upshift, then down shift. this goes on over an over. if it is cool out side or first thing in the morning or raining it operates normally, or if you drive 75 mph or higher it operates normally. the only code shown is random missfire and this code has only shown up one time, and on the gm techs computer the transmission shows fine, but he thinks my throttle body needs to b replaced. i replaced the throttle possition sensor but no real change. i was told the throttle body needed cleaning, i cleaned it and the mass air sensor but again no change. any suggestions?
low rpms, erratic transmission shifting, many times feels like in neautral on 2005 Chevrolet Express 1500
- 2005 Chevrolet Express 1500 Repair and Maintenance
- 2005 Chevrolet Express 1500 Maintenance Schedule
- 2005 Chevrolet Express 1500 Problems(12)
- 2005 Chevrolet Express 1500 Repair Estimates
- 2005 Chevrolet Express 1500 Q&A(13)
- 2005 Chevrolet Express 1500 Recalls(2)
- 2005 Chevrolet Express 1500 Shops
- 2005 Chevrolet Express 1500 Reviews
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Express 1500 Questions
- code 175, runs rough not accelerating, check engine come and off. check engine
- Where can I purchase a replacement door pull kit.
- Can I get replacement parts for driver side door handle, It is broken off?
- when should the transmission fluid be changed or flushed?
- how do you replace the lower battery on a chevy express 1500 diesel engine?
2005 Chevrolet Express 1500 Estimates
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - 61) in Rogers, AR
- Coolant Reservoir Replacement ($106 - 155) in Brill, WI
- Electrical System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Frontenac, KS
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($167 - 253) in Longwood, FL
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($187 - 392) in Washingtonville, PA
- Brake Caliper Replacement ($241 - 411) in Peterman, AL