Thanks again valleyautotech for your recent answers. I think I have found the problem with th 92 D350 5.9L eng. I was cleaning the intake manifold and heads when I decided to go ahead and pull the pushrods and lifters out. Everything looked good. I still had a feeling that the timing was just not right due to the fact that at idle it would jump a degree every few rotations and jump 15-20 degrees at high rpm. Since the lifters were not in I had a straight shot at the cam. I took a ratchet and rotated the crank back and forth multiple times and as soon as I turned it bam the cam would rotate as to tell me that the timing chain is good. Just as I was ready to assemble everything I noticed that the pinion gear on the oil pump did not move as abruptly as the cam did. I could rotate the crank an eighth of an inch or more and then the gear would catch. I called two dodge dealers and both had the part in stock. My question is by changing the oil pump gear should I in turn remove the cam and change that gear or cam as well, or is the cam gear made of harder steel causing the oil pump gear to wear instead? Thanks again I appreciate it! Mike
low power, backfiring on 1992 Dodge D350
Asked by for the 1992 Dodge D350
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge D350 Questions
- My 93 d350 stalls usually when I come to a stop or sometimes even let off gas
- What will cause truck not to start?
- Any suggestions on creating a simple charging system from alt output to battery?
- 90 Dodge 350 15 pass van not charging, alt checks good.. volt reg? where? or?
- Was over charging now im not charging enough idk what too do?
1992 Dodge D350 Estimates
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($130 - $162) in Ruby, AK
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($256 - $570) in Turners Station, KY
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($267 - $422) in Grafton, NH
- Fuel Filter Change ($91 - $123) in Big Bear Lake, CA
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - $56) in Paradise Valley, AZ
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($618 - $753) in Pond Eddy, NY