The noise sounds a bit like a moped and starts arround 15 mph and gets louder the faster i drive. Also as you turn it sometimes will make a metal on metal grinding noise. Its hard to repeat this noise it seems to hapen under specific circumstances. Could this be a CV joint? Recently a shop replaced shocks struts sway bar links and one wheel bearing. The car has 70 thousand miles on it. And is nearly all highway miles. I am a little afraid to take it back to the same shop, since they keep replacing parts and not fixing problems. Id appreciate any info anyone can give me.
Loud Rumbleing in the front between 15 and 65mph on 2004 Saturn Ion
Asked by for the 2004 Saturn Ion
This week's top 10
Recent Saturn Ion Questions
- Key broke in ignition 4 days ago. Had ignition replaced with battery 2 years ago
- Code about driver seat
- Check engine light comes on then will start blinking. Says misfire cylinder 3
- What happens if my transfer case is going bad?
- Has anyone ever heard of a lower control arm splitting in half while driving?
2004 Saturn Ion Estimates
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Winnsboro, SC
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - $104) in Washington, OK
- Heater Core Replacement ($557 - $716) in Cloverdale, CA
- Air Filter Replacement ($58 - $80) in Bud, WV
- Pre-Purchase Car Inspection ($105 - $134) in Powersville, MO
- Engine Front Cover Gasket Replacement ($333 - $403) in Geneva, FL