When first excellerating engine feels like it is missing (not very noticable though). When speed is about 40mph the engine produces a very loud "roar" sound- no knocking or pings, just roar. The roaring sound will stop when speed is reduced but begin again as speed in increased. There is no loss of power, no exhaust smoke or smell. Regular maintenance is kept up and there is only about 60K miles on truck. I am the origional owner and do not drive this truck very hard. Any ideas?
Loud noise in engine on 2004 Mazda B2300
Asked by for the 2004 Mazda B2300
1 more answer
2 answersDecember 15, 2012
1 answerNovember 17, 2014
1 answerMarch 01, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda B2300 Questions
- vehicle bogs down at 35 mph and has a muffled sound trying to accelerate.
- Truck exhilarates when put in gear and stays that way when put out of gear
- What would cause intermittent starting problem?
- Started b2300 1995 in neutral,will not go into gear when started.. put in gear
- Starts in neutral,engine idling will not go into gear when to drive
2004 Mazda B2300 Estimates
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - $61) in Ozark, IL
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($877 - $1,818) in Suncook, NH
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - $111) in Millport, AL
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($257 - $329) in Aumsville, OR
- Drive Belt Idler Pulley Replacement ($76 - $111) in New Munster, WI
- Brake Hydraulic System Bleed ($44 - $67) in McAdoo, TX