Making a loud humming sound around the alternator area. It happens when idle or running. Not overheating and no warning lights are on.
Loud Humming Sound on 2005 Dodge Caravan
It's hard to identify a noise without hearing it first hand. Check the water pump, listen to the alternator bearings with a mechanic's stethoscope and look at anything driven off the fan belt to see if the noise is external to the engine.
Verified for the Dodge Caravan46 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Caravan Questions
2005 Dodge Caravan Estimates
- Brake Shoe Replacement, Resurface Drums ($250 - 380) in Union City, NJ
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Guthrie, TX
- Air Filter Replacement ($42 - 75) in Harrah, WA
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($224 - 274) in Dougherty, IA
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Tesuque, NM
- Drive Axle Assembly Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Park Hill, OK