Making a loud humming sound around the alternator area. It happens when idle or running. Not overheating and no warning lights are on.
Loud Humming Sound on 2005 Dodge Caravan
It's hard to identify a noise without hearing it first hand. Check the water pump, listen to the alternator bearings with a mechanic's stethoscope and look at anything driven off the fan belt to see if the noise is external to the engine.
Verified for the Dodge Caravan46 reports
This week's top 10
Recent Dodge Caravan Questions
2005 Dodge Caravan Estimates
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($261 - 347) in Union City, NJ
- Transmission Fluid Change ($168 - 207) in Guthrie, TX
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Harrah, WA
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($97 - 143) in Dougherty, IA
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($179 - 332) in Tesuque, NM
- Parking Brake Shoe Replacement ($301 - 381) in Park Hill, OK