I just bought a 92 lexus es 300, it has a very loud engine knock it sounds like it's coming from under the valve train, we took the cover off and cranked the engine by hand it didn't look like anything was wrong, the car has 239,000 miles on it, when you start the engine everything else is quiet except this knocking, and when you push the gas the knocking gets louder, I have not drove the car so not sure about anything else I want to get the knocking fixed first, we did a oil change, and replaced the oil filter, and air filter
Loud engine knocking on 1992 Lexus ES300
This week's top 10
Recent Lexus ES300 Questions
- The engine makes sort of a revving sound...
- Trouble maintaining tire pressure.
- Okay I just purchased a 94es300lexus the only issue I had when I got it was over
- How can I replace the passenger side CV axle. Seems to be seize..
- My car turns on but will not move until I put it in L gear let go gas peddle?
1992 Lexus ES300 Estimates
- Oil Pump Replacement ($763 - 1,051) in Sawyerville, IL
- PCV Valve Replacement ($47 - 64) in Allen, SD
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($462 - 624) in Cheraw, CO
- General Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in East Tallassee, AL
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($524 - 617) in Lavinia, TN
- CV Joint Boot Replacement ($446 - 576) in Rhome, TX