For several months my car has had a fairly rough vibration while turning right, and only while accelerating. (only felt on highway on-ramps, really) Often my ABS/Traction control lights come on, seemingly out of nowhere. Last night I was driving home on the highway, and I noticed an unusual vibration while going straight. As I was pulling into my parking lot it started making a loud clunking noise. This loud noise persisted both while going straight and turning, but it seemed to fade when I let off the accelerator. I haven't driven it any faster than 10-15 mph since hearing this. Initially I was suspecting the CV axle, but today I jacked up the car and it feels like the bearing has a lot of play.
loud banging noise from front left wheel on 2001 Chevrolet Impala
by dopey086 in Topeka, KS on April 02, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Impala Questions
- 02 Impala haven't started in over a week. the check engine light is on but no security light is on. this has happened several times I'm the pass 3months. what could be wrong with this car. This only happen after parking never while driving. Please help
- Where do oil leaks happen?
- I notice steam coming from front drivers side under hood every now and then, just got coolant flush, dont see any leaks? Any idea what it could stem from?
- if lots of Chevrolet impala's have this problem why wont yall fix it. its so aggravating that hundreds of people impalas are knocking even hundreds of people on youtube and yall wont do anything about it.. please recall this!!
- Why will my 2000 Impala not start most of the time? The battery light will come on but then will turn off. The radio and lights do work but car will not start.