Recently my SUV has started making a loud clunking or banging sound in the rear end when the vehicle shifts. The transmission does not slip when going through the shift points but the banging noise is very concerning. The SUV has 107 thousand miles on it.
Loud banging noise coming from rear end when transmission shifts on 2005 Kia Sorento
Asked by Visitor for the 2005 Kia Sorento
This week's top 10
Recent Kia Sorento Questions
- why periodically the car loses all power features, radio, windows, wipers, etc.
- When I hit the gas it acts like it doesn't wanna go unless I'm easy on it and
- Could it be a fuse on why I have no display and no function of heat and air?
- Lost both low beam lights & backup camera the same day
- My car shakes and shuts off at a stop light
2005 Kia Sorento Estimates
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($83 - 142) in Pocono Lake Preserve, PA
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($209 - 270) in Steamboat Rock, IA
- Manual Transmission Fluid Change ($58 - 106) in Bassett, WI
- Oil and Filter Change ($28 - 69) in Port Allen, LA
- Engine Mount Replacement ($173 - 189) in Minnie, KY
- Window Switch Replacement ($212 - 244) in Mount Wilson, CA