Alternator replaced about 3yrs ago. Car is steerable with difficulty. No leaks evident - no stains on driveway. Alternator and starter are about 3yrs old and 1 year old, respectively. Battery replaced 2011.
Lost power steering while driving,no noise,battery light came on. No leak. on 1998 Ford Escort
1 more answer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- Car cranks but won't kick over was driving car ran out of gas car turned off won
- My car is actually a 1986 Ford Contour. The checkengine unit has gone bad.
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
1998 Ford Escort Estimates
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - 104) in Cairnbrook, PA
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Replacement ($71 - 126) in Mahopac Falls, NY
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Wing, AL
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($225 - 292) in New Creek, WV
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($149 - 175) in Charlton City, MA
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Mehama, OR