was starting out from first gear,when I got to 4th and going into 5th its like something became disconnected from the shifter,could move shifter knob around without no grinding,like there was no gears to go to.I think I know what it is but wanted some suggestions before I make final decision on what to do.
lost gears on 1993 Pontiac Sunbird
Your car has two shift cables, get a friend to move the shift linkage while you look at the movement of the linkage, see if a retaining clip has come off. If not support the vehicle and check the cables from underneath.
This week's top 10
Recent Pontiac Sunbird Questions
- I forgot how to put the throttle cable back together with the cruise control ?
- My 91 Pontiac starts and then Revs constantly without touching the accelerator.
- 1990 Sunbird Le engine stalls when under losd unless I pump the gas.
- check engine light come on after driving awhile shut off and it stays off
- Two idle problems- idling high, and almost stalling
1993 Pontiac Sunbird Estimates
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Lone Jack, MO
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($148 - 192) in Cumming, IA
- Wheel Bearing Replacement - Rear ($406 - 756) in Betterton, MD
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - 104) in Tehuacana, TX
- Vibration Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Biscoe, AR
- Drive Axle Assembly Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Crittenden, NY