I have a circle dirt track escort gt 5 spd. i was going in to the corner on the gas and it just acted like i shifted it into 3rd gear, it bogged down and just lost most the power. putting it on the trailer i was floored to get it on barely. its starts fine its has no exhaust. when you started it, it sounds quieter. and when you rev it up it takes longer to rev up. What have i done to my motor. Thank you
lost all the power on 1992 Ford Escort
I would start by checking the cam timing, in case something has slipped, then check the ignition timing, then check compression and cylinder leakage to determine if the engine is mechanically sound.
1 answerJuly 07, 2013
3 answersAugust 30, 2009
1 answerMarch 09, 2011
2 answersJune 14, 2010
1 answerFebruary 22, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
- Sitting at light and car will idle high. Changes gaskets, control module.
- zx2 wont get fuel. What could be problem?
1992 Ford Escort Estimates
- Strut Bearing Replacement ($334 - 534) in Smithers, WV
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($241 - 305) in Leland, MI
- 10,000 Mile Service ($115 - 171) in Wood Dale, IL
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($44 - 60) in Keithville, LA
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($653 - 858) in Webster Springs, WV
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($567 - 614) in Pep, TX