I have a circle dirt track escort gt 5 spd. i was going in to the corner on the gas and it just acted like i shifted it into 3rd gear, it bogged down and just lost most the power. putting it on the trailer i was floored to get it on barely. its starts fine its has no exhaust. when you started it, it sounds quieter. and when you rev it up it takes longer to rev up. What have i done to my motor. Thank you
lost all the power on 1992 Ford Escort
I would start by checking the cam timing, in case something has slipped, then check the ignition timing, then check compression and cylinder leakage to determine if the engine is mechanically sound.
1 answerJuly 07, 2013
3 answersAugust 30, 2009
2 answersJune 14, 2010
1 answerMarch 09, 2011
1 answerFebruary 22, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- My coolant is clearly filled to the "full" line. So why my check coolant on
- What cause your fuel ignition coil to burn out. I replaced 3 times in last month
- Good my 1991 Ford Escort engine be compatible with a 1998 Ford Escort 1.9 liter
- Why does my fuel ignition coil keep going bad
- No start. What could be the problem?