I have a circle dirt track escort gt 5 spd. i was going in to the corner on the gas and it just acted like i shifted it into 3rd gear, it bogged down and just lost most the power. putting it on the trailer i was floored to get it on barely. its starts fine its has no exhaust. when you started it, it sounds quieter. and when you rev it up it takes longer to rev up. What have i done to my motor. Thank you
lost all the power on 1992 Ford Escort
Asked by for the 1992 Ford Escort
I would start by checking the cam timing, in case something has slipped, then check the ignition timing, then check compression and cylinder leakage to determine if the engine is mechanically sound.
1 answerJuly 07, 2013
3 answersAugust 30, 2009
1 answerMarch 09, 2011
2 answersJune 14, 2010
1 answerFebruary 22, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- My radio does not work. I replaced it and it still doesn't work. The fuse is OK
- car will not turn over. good battery and alternator.
- The car starts fine when cold but after it warms up it I have trouble starting
- Replaced timing belt. Car turns over & has spark but won't start. Why?
- Front driver tire has excessive inner wear?
1992 Ford Escort Estimates
- Ignition Wire Set Replacement ($82 - $137) in Smithers, WV
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Leland, MI
- Thermostat Replacement ($137 - $199) in Wood Dale, IL
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($344 - $407) in Keithville, LA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($428 - $467) in Webster Springs, WV
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($294 - $333) in Pep, TX