check engine light comes on and flashes for a few seconds when driving. usually associated with a loss of power and only when very humid or wet outside after engine warms up it stops happening. I have changed gas, added fuel filters, checked for lose electrical connections and had it read by code reader - unfortunately by time I get somewhere the reader says no problems
loss of power/check engine light on 2001 Chevrolet Venture
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by dandd ,
August 16, 2009
this is a misfire condition. The Check Engine Light will flash when the engine is misfiring. You need to have the codes retrieved and most like need plugs, wires etc. Moisture will aggravate a misfire condition because the wires will short out more easily. Good Luck!
2 answersMarch 13, 2014
2 answersAugust 19, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Venture Questions
- how many hours to replace the timing cover gasket
- Replace steering column now when we go to start and very loud buzzing comes over
- Idles very rough, overheats less than 5 min after start. Check engine light on.
- Transmission slippage chnging gears. Is it pressure Switches or something else
- Intake manifold gasket just replaced, now mech says head gasket bad.
2001 Chevrolet Venture Estimates
- Brake Fluid Replacement/Flush ($83 - 104) in Ione, WA
- Crankshaft Position Sensor Replacement ($139 - 212) in Village Mills, TX
- Oil and Filter Change ($27 - 61) in Carson, VA
- Radiator Replacement ($715 - 1,010) in Sidman, PA
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($311 - 345) in Forest Home, AL
- Air Conditioning System Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in West Milford, NJ