check engine light comes on and flashes for a few seconds when driving. usually associated with a loss of power and only when very humid or wet outside after engine warms up it stops happening. I have changed gas, added fuel filters, checked for lose electrical connections and had it read by code reader - unfortunately by time I get somewhere the reader says no problems
loss of power/check engine light on 2001 Chevrolet Venture
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by dandd ,
August 16, 2009
this is a misfire condition. The Check Engine Light will flash when the engine is misfiring. You need to have the codes retrieved and most like need plugs, wires etc. Moisture will aggravate a misfire condition because the wires will short out more easily. Good Luck!
2 answersMarch 13, 2014
2 answersAugust 19, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Venture Questions
- how many hours to replace the timing cover gasket
- Replace steering column now when we go to start and very loud buzzing comes over
- Idles very rough, overheats less than 5 min after start. Check engine light on.
- Transmission slippage chnging gears. Is it pressure Switches or something else
- Intake manifold gasket just replaced, now mech says head gasket bad.
2001 Chevrolet Venture Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($158 - 211) in Ione, WA
- AC Recharge ($200 - 276) in Village Mills, TX
- Rear Main Seal Replacement ($800 - 1,005) in Carson, VA
- Air Conditioning Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Sidman, PA
- Stabilizer Bushing Replacement ($89 - 144) in Forest Home, AL
- Windshield Wiper Arm Replacement ($125 - 132) in West Milford, NJ