My Lexus started losing power, check engine light comes on. Sometimes it resumes on its own, sometimes it will start back up via key, sometimes it does nothing. Computer says ignitors but the mechanic replaced both banks and it still happens. Help, help!
loses power on 1992 Lexus LS400
BEST ANSWER by Visitor ,
April 12, 2010
replace both ignition coils. also would change plugs wire or give complete tune up and fuel injection flush
1 answer 1 comment
This week's top 10
Recent Lexus LS400 Questions
- My check engine light is on and when I come to a stop my rpm drops 500 rpm whi
- Changed the pressure line for power steering.pump now my brakes won't work...
- Why is my emergency brake and battery light, not going off, after ignition?
- What does a climate control unit cost?
- Transmission seems like it's slipping after stopping, works fine after restart.
1992 Lexus LS400 Estimates
- Add Front Engine Seals ($95 - 169) in Port Clinton, PA
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($653 - 829) in North East, PA
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Ardmore, PA
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($699 - 1,753) in Pearblossom, CA
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($139 - 204) in Ragland, WV
- Noise Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Corning, IA