I can no longer put my key in the lock on the driver's side. I have to lock the car by lifting up on the handle and pushing down on the lock from the inside and unlock the car by reaching across from the passenger seat. How much should I expect to pay for this repair?
Locks on 2003 Honda Civic
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by rdude135 ,
October 15, 2009
This could be a key issue or a lock issue. Sometimes the keys wear and won't work in the lock and other times the lock tumblers wear. You will have to have it diagnosed first and then they can give you a price on the repair.
Verified for the Honda Civic93 reports
1 answerAugust 25, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent Honda Civic Questions
- why do my headlights, blinkers not work unless i play w the key?
- Is it ignition switch or starter motor?
- Won't start,replaced distributor,crank shaft sensor,throttle position sensor,and
- Dash lights become dim when I use headlights and my a/c and heat stopped working
- The alternator and battery both work but battery is still not being charged.
2003 Honda Civic Estimates
- Automatic Transmission Fluid/Filter Change ($175 - 209) in Cimarron, NM
- Maintenance Service A ($27 - 61) in Fort Huachuca, AZ
- Door Window Regulator Replacement ($302 - 483) in Solway, MN
- Headlamp Bulb Replacement ($42 - 60) in Chelsea, VT
- Horn Replacement ($73 - 126) in Curran, MI
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($428 - 956) in Urbana, IN