Car Problem Reports

Chrysler Sebring Problem
11 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Average Mileage: 83,800 mi (38,000 mi - 136,000 mi)

Verified

If the engine does not crank (or cranks but won't start), the wireless control module (WCM) may have locked up. This is due to static discharge through the ignition key. A revised model should be installed, but simply disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for thirty seconds will temporarily reset the module so you can start the car.

• Visitor, , 117,000 mi

At 117K miles I went to get in my 2007 Sebring,and it would not start. I tried several times. At first it started to crank, then nothing. Finally it wouldn't even turn over. I tried jumping the battery, and nothing. I had it towed to my own mechanic and the car started right up for him each time he tried it. He didn't see any problems, said maybe the ignition. It started every day for another two weeks after that. Then the third week, it started having problems gain. I thought maybe it was the ignition, I would jiggle the key a few times and it would start. After a couple days of that, it stopped turning on altogether. I had it towed to the dealership this time, and they told me it was the WCM. It had just stopped working. $275.00 for the part, $450.00 for labor and $200.00 for each key, because I had to get a new key when they replaced the WCM. This part should be recalled.

• Visitor, , 48,000 mi

Car will intermittently not crank, not start for no apparent reason. It has never occurred first thing in the morning, but at any time once it has been running and is turned off, and then trying to start it again. Thought it was the heat, until it happened on a colder day. Thought it was the battery, installed new battery........old battery tested out fine on load test. Stopped by Chrysler dealership and inquired about it and they suggested it "could" be the W C M . Am waiting for it to happen again so I can disconnect the negative battery cable to see IF that re sets the WCM. Then, I may go replace the WCM at a cost of around $250.00 including tax and labor and part.

•  Rookie

2007 Chrysler seabring it cranks but won't start up it does this only after driving the car... If the car has been sitting for several hours or overnight it starts no problems but if I drive it more than 15 miles turn it off and try and crank it again it doesn't start. Sometimes it takes 5 or 6 tries to get it to crank

• Visitor, , 38,000 mi

Car wouldn't start and key fobs would not unlock the doors. All other power worked (radio, lights etc). Had it towed to dealer. They reset it by pulling fuse and reseting computer. Part on back order so waiting for it to be replaced. Glad I had an extended warranty!!