Car Problem Reports

Chrysler PT Cruiser Problem
12 Reports
Me Too

Model Years Affected: 2002, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Average Mileage: 63,775 mi (33,888 mi - 161,000 mi)

Verified

If the engine does not crank (or cranks but won't start), the wireless control module (WCM) may have locked up. This is due to static discharge through the ignition key. A revised model should be installed, but simply disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for thirty seconds will temporarily reset the module so you can start the car.

• Visitor, , 77,500 mi

took it to Kahlo Jeep in Noblesville and they charged me $450 to fix and they said they replaced WCM but as soon as I got it home next morning did same thing. they towed it back in and sat in shop and they said they tried it every day and no problem so I picked it up and the next morning did the very same thing. Again they towed it in and again they couldn't get it to fail so I took it home again and next morning it did very same thing. I asked for a refund and service manager said I should call the next day and she would look into. I called the number she gave but no answer but I left message. She never returned my call nor would they come and get it again when I called. Very disappointed by their service and their treatment of customers. I will not recommend them to anyone except people I dislike.

• Visitor, , 33,888 mi

Car did not crank. Would not start. clicking noise. Negative terminal was disconnected by a mechanic. Will check the next few days if it does not sound right. This may be a temporary fix. In July of 2013 it cost me almost $300. Two seals were replaced. The front main crankshaft & the camshaft #'s4667198 & 4777086. Very disgusted with this vehicle!! 2008 PT Cruiser Sedan.

• Visitor, , 75,676 mi

Manhandle the battery cable to get it going and that worked for 2 months. It is now( 83959 miles) at a chrysler dealership being diagnosis. Pep boys and a chrysler master technician cant seem to find the issue. I put in a request to investigate with NHTSA. I was almost in a severe accident when it decided to cut of in the middle of a multi lane intersection.

• Visitor, , 35,139 mi

It just started about three weeks ago. I haven't felt safe driving it, it will crank after you turn it off after trying to crank it several times. I thought it was the battery but it wasn't. I'm going to have it looked at tomorrow.

• Visitor, , 36,000 mi

HAd to take it in to get the security replaced